Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What I call LICFIST

I figure I should start a thread now before I get too far along and have to backtrack. As it is I've already had the car for 6 weeks, got it Jan 18, 2014. I fully intended on just getting a white base ST, even had the dealer pull it from another local dealer. But at the last minute, literally while signing papers I was stalling, something just didn't feel right. Went back outside to look at it and while doing so, my brother who manages our business said why don't you just get the loaded one. So with a change of paper work I signed for this white loaded ST even though I knew the nav and sunroof wasn't necessary and I actually didn't even care for the red calipers and dark wheels, but the seats made up for a lot of it and now I enjoy having all the options. In the end it's just a little higher payment

Here's when I first got it, tint soon followed.

*Please excuse me if it sounds redundant as I have posted it on another unmentioned forum ;)

Attachments

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #3
Hit the dyno!

Last week I came up on 1,500 miles, did another oil change and hit up the dyno at another buddy's Subaru shop (Mann Engineering). He has quite the setup with a fully enclosed dyno room that uses a Maha Dyno which is much more common overseas. We will be working together on this project as we have in the past on several Subaru projects.

He was so curious that the numbers were almost spot on to what Ford claims that he contacted Maha to find out if Ford uses the same dyno which apparently they do in Cologne, Germany plant.

The numbers (crank) on CA91, my OAR started at -1.00 for the first run, 2nd -0.97, 3rd -0.90. Cobb Stage 1 started at -1.00 and stayed constant.

Stock Max: 193 HP / 207 TQ
Stg 1 max: 197 HP / 222 TQ

Attachments

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #5
Oh look springs!

So on Friday my brother said look there's springs available for your car, you'll have them on Tuesday. These are Eibach Pro-Kit springs, they're supposed to drop it 0.8"F & 0.7"R turns out on my car to be 1.2"F & 0.8"R or 1 1/8"F & 7/8"R which I'm happy with. Every car looks better lowered :)

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great to see your build thread Adam. The Eibach springs really came out great. Any rubbing or bottoming out issues?

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #8
Glad you found your way over on to these forums!
I've been on this one for a while hence my member# 50 ;) I should've started the thread on here first, but did it over there just the other day so it's all equal now :)

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #10
Great to see your build thread Adam. The Eibach springs really came out great. Any rubbing or bottoming out issues?
No rubbing and I took the backroads home last night. I noticed the front under air dam can rub going into a driveway now, but very lightly. At this height I'm going to look into a roll center correction kit or something. We do that on Subaru's whenever we lower them. So far it doesn't look like Whiteline makes any yet for these cars, I'll get a hold of them to see if that could be possible.

Awesome!!! I just ordered a set of these springs last week along with the Injen intake. I'm glad to see A FiST owner happy with these springs, I thought I may have to be the guinea pig. [giddy]

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #12
I probably should post about it in the suspension section [wink]

First of all, great car! I got mine fully loaded too and you will enjoy the little extras like the darker wheels that don't show brake dusts as much as the silver ones :p

I wanted to ask... How is the ride on the Eibach pro-kit v.s. stock?

Oh, and what's next? [deviltail]

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #14
First of all, great car! I got mine fully loaded too and you will enjoy the little extras like the darker wheels that don't show brake dusts as much as the silver ones :p

I wanted to ask... How is the ride on the Eibach pro-kit v.s. stock?

Oh, and what's next? [deviltail]
I think you're right, I got a white car because I've learned I'm not very good at keeping a black one clean. The dark wheels do help hide the dust longer [wink]

The ride isn't all that different, it definitely feels like a lowered car. It's still firm, but I can feel when it hits the bump stops now whereas it didn't before. I like the look, but figured I may end up with euro coilovers at some point. I'm not a fan of the cheap BC and alike. I'm working with AST on getting something going for these cars.

As for what's next, probably more tuning and an intake since I now have the Cobb Pro Tuner software and then exhaust to go Stage 2.

Looking great man, can't wait to see the progression. Seems like white is the color for most of the shop guys on the forums.

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #16
Another Dyno Day

Took advantage of a Dyno Day at another buddy's Subaru shop. This time it was a Mustang Dyno and I think the numbers are pretty much inline with what other FiST's are doing with Stage 1, this was the new v101 map with the stock air filter. Also the dyno was run on AWD mode since it was all Subaru's other then mine [wink]

223 Ft/lbs / 186 WHP

Attachments

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #18
Graph from the Dyno Day

Finally figured out I had to convert the PDF to JPG, here's the graph from that day a couple weeks ago. I notice I typically only run 19.5 ish lbs on avg. I've had the ProTuner software for over a month but have yet to find time to start adjusting the tune. I bet if I bump it up to 21 lbs it would hit the 240 ftlbs mark like many do. The WHP seems to be right on target with everyone else.

Attachments

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #19
Hit 5,000 miles

Well it's been 5 months to the day and I hit 5,000 miles, it's sorta ironic but it goes along with my fuel log app that says I avg 1,001 miles per month. So far to date I've averaged 28.2 mpg over the life of the car, not too bad for being a fun car. Hoping to go to Stage 2 or 3 soon once Cobb releases the parts.

Attachments