Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is a good lightweight lug nut?

I read something about factory lugs failure so I am proactively looking for new lugs. Any recommendations on factory wheel?

Erick_V

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the 949 Racing aluminum lugs. After 3 years of lots of rattle gun offs and torque wrench ons I’m finally ready for a new set.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I got some generic spline drive, chrome finish tuner lugs. EBay I believe. So far so good.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I read something about factory lugs failure so I am proactively looking for new lugs. Any recommendations on factory wheel?
Anything is better than the STOCK LUG NUTS. would you like a whole entire set of never really used nuts? I took that shit off and replaced them as soon as I had one starting to swell and round off. Ron sells some at whoosh I own a set. Decent also....Not TITANIUM by any means...but this isn't a Porsche either. ...Well maybe about as fast though.....HEHE.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go to Whoosh and deal with Ron....Stay as far as you can away from Mishimoto...quite a bit of people have had poor customer service if they have problems with the product....FYI.

OP
Hanzo
Thread Starter #13
there are some really great titanium lugs available in 12x1.5 thread
we have one option in stock
the rest listed in this thread may be a smidge lighter than stock
depends how much you want to spend on something like this honestly....

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...itanium-lug-nuts-2014-fiesta-st-free-shipping
Wow that's a lot money for lugs. Are these lighter than stock? https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...s-set-of-20-free-shipping?variant=45260420366

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I've personally used the SR48 open end lugs on all my cars since 2006 (Mazdaspeed days)
They are lighter but it's not significant
I use them for the look mostly (colors) and to get rid of the terrible OEM's

My last set installed on my 2018 Magnetic is a set of the burning blue color, probably my favorite so far aside from yellow chrome which looked really good on my white 2016 FiST with ebony wheels

OP
Hanzo
Thread Starter #15
I've personally used the SR48 open end lugs on all my cars since 2006 (Mazdaspeed days)
They are lighter but it's not significant
I use them for the look mostly (colors) and to get rid of the terrible OEM's

My last set installed on my 2018 Magnetic is a set of the burning blue color, probably my favorite so far aside from yellow chrome which looked really good on my white 2016 FiST with ebony wheels
The open ended one looks like it may stick out a bit from the wheels. Also you can see the silver stud I would imagine.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
The open ended one looks like it may stick out a bit from the wheels. Also you can see the silver stud I would imagine.
not unless you are laying on the ground eye level with the lug/stud
the OEM studs rest inside the open end SR48's a bit

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'm a big fan of McGards

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P281RQ is a link for a 5 lug set (one is a security lug)
I am using a chrome version of those McGard lug nuts, and like them a lot. With this one you buy four sets of four, it doesn't include the security lug. Having the spline drive allows a narrower socket, which is less likely to damage the narrower area around the lugs in aftermarket wheels. Just having a spline drive allows a little bit of extra security. The drive tools are readily available, but you would have to have one to steal the wheels.
https://www.amazon.com/McGard-65357BC-Chrome-SplineDrive-Thread/dp/B00200BF84

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you want to save some weight, but still have the strength of forged steel lug nuts, Ron now carries the Muteki SR 35s, which are mush shorter, and closed ended, than all of the 'tuner' open ended versions everyone uses.

These are also available in many colors as well.

I just do not trust aluminum alloy lug nuts, regardless of anyone's positive experiences with them.

For ultimate strength, but they are heavier, the McGard hex 'acorn' lug nuts are hard to beat, and available in both shiny chrome, and 'black chrome'.. [wink]