Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is happening with the Euro-style projector headlights?

I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of LHD euro-style projector headlight assemblies for months, even going so far as to reach out to the manufacturers directly. So far my search has turned up nothing substantial, cars245 has a depo of one side and a hella of the other, but nowhere has a matched pair.
Have any of y'all had any success finding these recently? Maybe I'm just unlucky, but they seem like they're getting really scarce. I was wanting to use my tax return to finance some new headlights, but so far I'm getting pretty frustrated with the search.

ETA: Does anyone have any alternative solutions to purchasing the LHD euro-style projectors? I've heard some people talking about some kind of retrofit and opening up the headlights, but I don't really know what that means to be completely honest. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Last edited:
Nope, I tried to buy a set of Depo a month or two ago and got unlucky, one side was out of stock by the time they processed my order. They told me that the Depo lights won't be manufactured anymore so I cancelled my order.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I think you're going to want LHD lights if you're putting them on an American car. RHD is for England and Australia and Hong Kong and Japan. For American cars you want the LHD ones like in France and Germany.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
This happened to me late last year. Originally tried for a set of Hellas and the order got cancelled after months of waiting as 1 side was backordered with no ETA. Recognizing the "global problems" and Taiwan being in the limelight (which is where most of these are manufactured) I grabbed a set of DEPO and literally by early this year they were essentially out of stock at cars245 with as you said only had onesies leftover.

This happened to me late last year. Originally tried for a set of Hellas and the order got cancelled after months of waiting as 1 side was backordered with no ETA. Recognizing the "global problems" and Taiwan being in the limelight (which is where most of these are manufactured) I grabbed a set of DEPO and literally by early this year they were essentially out of stock at cars245 with as you said only had onesies leftover.
I believe I ordered my Hella Euro Projectors a little bit before you last August of 2021, and my order got cancelled since one side was out of stock.

I'd love to get my hands on a set of Hella's if they'll ever become available....

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I believe I ordered my Hella Euro Projectors a little bit before you last August of 2021, and my order got cancelled since one side was out of stock.

I'd love to get my hands on a set of Hella's if they'll ever become available....
I remember. Hopefully they will become available again.

OP
E
Thread Starter #10
I think you're going to want LHD lights if you're putting them on an American car. RHD is for England and Australia and Hong Kong and Japan. For American cars you want the LHD ones like in France and Germany.
You're right, the RHD-type are in stock, but the right-hand traffic, LHD models are not. I've been researching so much lingo the past few days it's all starting to blur together šŸ¤£

I assume this means Ron isnā€™t importing them? I believe theyā€™re still on the site as a special order item. I assume they come from ford in Germany? Not sureā€¦ Would love to upgrade to a pair of the led headlights as well as some point.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I assume this means Ron isnā€™t importing them? I believe theyā€™re still on the site as a special order item. I assume they come from ford in Germany? Not sureā€¦ Would love to upgrade to a pair of the led headlights as well as some point.
About 5 months ago I emailed Ron about those euros and he said that supplier was no longer supplying. Something along those lines.

Thanks for the info. I figured base on the tone of this threadā€¦ unfortunate to say the least

XanRules

I also only have one of the Hellas and have been looking for another. Super bummed.

Checking cars245 this morning they showed both Hella headlights available to order. Left had a 7 day lead time. I pulled the trigger immediately but was met with a cannot complete purchase message. Now the left is showing as not available as it has been for months ( if not years at this point). They were either erroneously showing them as available or the small amount of stock got snagged before I was able to complete the order. Screenshot_20220613-164127.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Checking cars245 this morning they showed both Hella headlights available to order. Left had a 7 day lead time. I pulled the trigger immediately but was met with a cannot complete purchase message. Now the left is showing as not available as it has been for months ( if not years at this point). They were either erroneously showing them as available or the small amount of stock got snagged before I was able to complete the order. View attachment 49245

Yeah man it sucks. I ended up grabbing the Depos which are fine but really wanted a set of Hellas. There is a shuffling of the world order atm. Things could improve as it plays out. To add a positive whatever thats worth the harder they are to get, the sweeter they will be!

Yeah man it sucks. I ended up grabbing the Depos which are fine but really wanted a set of Hellas. There is a shuffling of the world order atm. Things could improve as it plays out. To add a positive whatever thats worth the harder they are to get, the sweeter they will be!
Checking everyday finally paid off! I was able to order again when 1 left popped up as being in stock. I really was skeptical that they actually had them but look what showed up today!

Last edited:
OP
E
Thread Starter #19
OK, folks, it's been a while since I posted this thread originally, but things look to be improving and I have some updates.

First of all, Cars245.com doesn't actually know whether they're in stock or not. They have a warehouse that ships all the euro-style Fiesta headlamp assemblies (TYC, DEPO, and Hella) that reports stock to their website, but that warehouse doesn't differentiate between actual stock and backorder stock. So, you'll see "5 available" on Cars245.com, but that *actually* means that 5 are available on backorder, and backorder could take months to resolve.

Second, the shipping from Cars245.com has had some issues. I got an email from their team that asked me for an additional $300 of shipping charges just to get the Hella headlamp assemblies to me in the US. Buyer beware, this is a hectic time for the supply chain.

I emailed Ron from Whoosh about the headlamp assemblies shown on his website, but his response was that they were out of stock for the foreseeable future. Essentially, they'll get them when they get them. Not much help to us, but it is what it is.

All that said, I was finally able to secure a pair of TYC headlamp assemblies which were delivered yesterday, and despite the warnings I've read on this forum, they were extremely well-packaged & showed no signs of damage from shipping. The boxes had certainly taken a beating, but the packaging made up for the rough treatment.

Unfortunately, it looks like the only real solution to these problems is patience and money. If you're willing to pay a lot more than they're worth and wait a lot longer than you'd like, you can still get the projector assemblies. If not, I hope you like breaking through permaseal to open the OEM assemblies and do your own retrofit.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I have a set of these I'm planning on selling. How do I tell if they are TYC, Depot, etc? Is there a set that are more desirable than others?