Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What I've Learned In Two Years

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #22
You didn't even break 220whp with a cyborg?
223whp on 93 oct. The log and vDyno are there. There are two reasons; the first was that the tuner decided it was too cold to continue tuning during the winter. The second is we never finished the E30 tune... I remember it being very frustrating. The previous tuner at Panda seemingly became uninterested in tuning the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

223whp on 93 oct. The log and vDyno are there. There are two reasons; the first was that the tuner decided it was too cold to continue tuning during the winter. The second is we never finished the E30 tune... I remember it being very frustrating. The previous tuner at Panda seemingly became uninterested in tuning the car.

I don't understand how Cobb stage 2 is only 175whp and 210wtq. That's like stock numbers. I know that vdyno's aren't 100% accurate and even real life dynos need to be compared to a baseline but it's just all the numbers in all your logs are so low it's disheartening :(.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #24
I don't understand how Cobb stage 2 is only 175whp and 210wtq. That's like stock numbers. I know that vdyno's aren't 100% accurate and even real life dynos need to be compared to a baseline but it's just all the numbers in all your logs are so low it's disheartening :(.
I did make a huge mistake by not getting a baseline dyno. However, since that first Stage 2 log, my car has consistently shown low numbers. It responded well to boost but not to timing. All my tuners have noted that my car didn't take well to timing for some reason. Here's the full stage 3 dyno on the Panda tune. 7 Sept 2014

Based

Hmm ok. Vdyno's have a lot of room for error anyway. I'm reading about how to do it properly and there's so many things that can change the reading lol it's almost not even worth trying.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #26
Hmm ok. Vdyno's have a lot of room for error anyway. I'm reading about how to do it properly and there's so many things that can change the reading lol it's almost not even worth trying.
There is a lot of room for user error when it comes to vDyno. But, it can be done right. I may have a datalog from the same day of the dyno. I have faith that I've been datalogging right; my dyno run verified the spot I use. I'll see if I have the road log from that day.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Amazing thread - great to have many different revisions / set ups all compared on a relatively similar platform (atmospheric conditions etc).

Well done Hijinx - really looking forward to what the built engine does.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #29
Ok... So, I thought I had taken logs the same day I was on the dyno, but I was wrong. Give me a break, this was two years ago. Sometimes I still forget to take my medications, even though it's the same prescriptions everyday for the last year or so; my memory really isn't the best. I've pretty much relied on dates on the saved files and conversations I'd had in email with the tuners.

Anyway, here's the log and the vdyno, which is actually lower (2 Sept 2014).

Panda Stock Turbo Before Dyno
Panda Before Dyno 2 Sept 2014.jpg

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #32
My back sucks - I've got a pillbox for each week and it's packed... I feel like a geriatric!
I tried a pillbox once. I forget to refill it lol. So now I just leave my pills on the table. When I eat, and I have my coffee I take them. But some zombie mornings I just forget they're even there lol.