Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What oil temp do you start pushing your car?

Just wondering what's a good oil temperature to reach is before I start pushing my car. Trying to really take care of my car and this is the first one I've had that has an oil temp gauge (through Cobb access port). I've read that around 150-170F is a good tempt to wait for, but I'm not sure if its different for the Fiesta ST.

SrsBsns

The FiST doesn't have the ability to read oil temps, so the temp you see on the AP is just a projection of the temp. I would assume it's probably pretty close though.

I generally drive pretty soft until I hit about 120. I won't take it to redline until I'm at least 140+.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I don't plug in my Mountune AP, and I'm not sure if it reads oil temperature (or an extrapolation of it ) anyway, so I just wait 10 minutes after a cold start before pushing it.
This advice was given to me by a really good mechanic with over 30 years of experience, and seems to be a safe way to do it.
The temperature gauge goes to four bars in only a minute or so on a warm day, and by three or four minutes on a really cold day. This is coolant temperature, not oil temperature, and the oil is clearly not warm enough to push it at that point in my opinion.

haste

1000 Post Club
Same here.

I watched oil temp with the accessport for so long that I just monitor the coolant temp now. I have a good idea when I am at a decent oil temperature before pushing the car.

Coolant temp will definitely rise faster if there is a problem with the car than oil temp. I really wish I could observe more than six monitors at a time using the accessport...

I wait until 150 at minimum. I wish there was an option to put a true oil temp gauge in our cars with a filter relocation. I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I do not use the AP for it's extrapolated/algorithm derived oil temp estimate, so I just wait at least ten minutes AFTER the coolant temp is at/above 185*F, or above range (as indicated on the Ultra Gauge OBD plug-in gauge, 3M double sided to my dash). [wink]