Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What parts do you want made for the FIST?

What parts should be made for our cars that don't exist? The aftermarket is growing, but not fast enough for me. We have a good baseline of almost anything, but not much in the way of variety. Wheels, front lips, lights??? Everyone is running the same things because we don't have much to choose from. I'm an industrial/automotive designer by trade and if I happen to make anything other people may like, I'll post it here.

So here are a few of my ideas, good, bad? I don't know.

1) Front lip.... I want to design my own aggressive lip and make it out of high density foam... I know what you're thinking but hear me out. Front lips are the first things to be damaged while driving and they take a beating, so why not make them cheap and replaceable?? I could make a mold and pop out foam lips all day long for cheap. They could easily be given a professional finish to look even better than what we have to choose from now. Throw on a layer of fiber glass and you're good to go. Some foams can take a harder hit than plastic. I don't know about you but I'd rather break a $60 lip than a $250-$400 lip.

2) Interior pieces.... I was thinking of an aluminum shift gate or maybe carbon fiber. I started doing the measurements but it seems the shifter throws may be too close to make a functional gate. So that ideas on hold until I can think of something to work correctly. I just thought it would be cool...

On top of that I was just thinking about random carbon fiber interior trimming pieces to correct the short cuts they used in the cabin. First thing that comes to mind is the plastic edge around the shift boot. I think I could cut myself on it, not to mention it looks terrible.

Other than that id like to hear anyone else's ideas. Post pictures, examples or anything you'd like to get your point across. We could help each other with ideas and possibly get some functional parts out of this. If I get time I'll do some photoshops and drawings of some parts id like to make. I have a CNC in my house that I could prototype on.

So post your ideas if you have any, or I'll just be in here talking to myself [sing]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
'Bolt-in' AWD system with real sequential gearbox, adjustable torque split, and Torsen HIGH bias diffs in the axles! [histerical]

A functional, vented carbon fiber graphite/aramid hood that actually produces front down force at speed.

A choice of quality 2 or 3 way adjustable, reservoir coil overs with LINEAR rate springs front and rear, BESIDES the KW Variant 3s. [;)]

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #3
'Bolt-in' AWD system with real sequential gearbox, adjustable torque split, and Torsen HIGH bias diffs in the axles! [histerical]
I always thought the perfect car would be an Evo the size of the Fiesta. But Im thinking the wheel base would make it twitchy.

New focus RS Split 10 spoke wheels for the FIST and sport cup 2.

I also want upgrade to the Orange recaros.

Bluedrank

If you want a cheap replaceable front lip, why not just buy that foam rubber lip stuff (aka garage door liner)?

It's super cheap and replaceable and it honestly doesn't look all that bad imo. http://amzn.to/2alg0LP

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #7
If you want a cheap replaceable front lip, why not just buy that foam rubber lip stuff (aka garage door liner)?

It's super cheap and replaceable and it honestly doesn't look all that bad imo. http://amzn.to/2alg0LP
I looked at that a few times actually, I almost bought it. It doesn't look that bad for what it is but I was thinking I wanted something more functional. Something that flows with the lines and may even have some downforce to it. Possibly even encorporating the fog light area. Could make a air ram or duct area to hook to these brake cooling systems everybody wants.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #8
I like your idea of the lip. Definitely one of the main reasons I haven't bought one.
I agree, this is the main reason I haven't bought one also. Every other platform has $80-$100 front lips so why not us? If I make one I'll make sure it's available to anyone who is interested. Some of the parts for the FIST are wildly overpriced.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is everyone above talking about a front fascia extension which comes straight down from the bottom of the bumper, and acts sort of like a real racing air dam (as opposed to a splitter type of device which extends out FORWARD OF the bumper)?? [dunno]

If so, I call those 'mini air dams'.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #11
I really only see a couple lips out there, are there any beefier options? I was thinking something more like this. Not the best picture but I drew it on my iPad with my finger.

image.jpeg