Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What to do with broken rims?

Long story short I ran over a baseball sized rock that was either hit that or a car on either side of me on the freeway. Hitting the rock at almost freeway speeds cracked my rim pretty bad and ruined it. Is there anything that I can do with the wheel? scrap yard, etc? I don't want it to take up room in my already small garage 93A42D32-5CEF-472E-9C6E-A2DAA1721699_1_105_c.jpeg

scrapyard. look up local ones and ask. Google is saying aluminum wheels are worth .40-.45 a pound

OP
jarrettmcb
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I'll probably just scrap it.
I do have 3 other Black OEM rims that are pretty clean besides one with some curb rash if anyone would be interested in them. Might make a listing for it later down the road.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Long story short I ran over a baseball sized rock that was either hit that or a car on either side of me on the freeway. Hitting the rock at almost freeway speeds cracked my rim pretty bad and ruined it. Is there anything that I can do with the wheel? scrap yard, etc? I don't want it to take up room in my already small garage
I was planning to patronize a local wheel repair business after the switchover to the Winter set...
https://www.wheeldoctorohio.com/

Similar story to yours. Just as I changed lanes there was a large-size "pea" gravel (rock gravel actually) from the hardware store around the corner sitting in the roadway. @D1JL, very rare for me, the "F" word was used, and no it wasn't fear. Joking... IIRC I think it was the "D" word. 😜
1608318932332.png

No air leaks and initially no vibration until the tire starts to heat up once traveling >75MPH highway for awhile.

Seeing @jarrettmcb and @Dpro comments, may just post a WTB thread later. I fetched my current Winter set of wheels driving up to Michigan from SW Ohio.