Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What we're missing in our ST? Rear wheel drive electric!

Seems like they could create this system for just about any road car out there!
Would be awesome, to add 50-100HP to the rear wheels!

[video=youtube;iQ4lTPVR3qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ4lTPVR3qc[/video]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What if we had an awd fiesta? Front left wheel is powered by 87 octane fuel, front right runs off CNG, rear left is electric, and the rear right is actually a vespa driven by a monkey.

It makes perfect sense.
I think you are absolutely right...This is possible! [rockon]

Jerickson88

Just no. Just no. I was thinking about passing a executive order forcing all gas stations to carry racing fuel.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I’ll cut him some slack. The tech is cool. Not for our cars though.

On with the executive order and include suppressors please. Don’t worry about the full autos, I can live with less restrictions on suppressors.

My concern would be the gear ratios clashing, causing the car to buck and ultimately breaking down the primary drivetrain.

This is extremely viable to convert old junker cars into electrics. Like my old 97 Altima. If this system could be used as a stand alone, the car could be repurposed. Pull engine, put batteries under the hood, and add this to the rear wheels. Not for a performance car, but to repurpose a car to be useable again instead of a square metal cube that’s gonna be melted down and stamped back out for a new Mercedes.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
$9995 for the wheels, motors, uprights, and control unit. $2000 for a battery. Adds 200# (but 0# unsprung). Reduces 0-60 by .6 of a second. Only works to 120 MPH. Max. of 13% regen and no on-board charging, so you're plugging in every night. Uses the CAN bus to determine throttle position - sounds pretty laggy compared to a dedicated sensor/motor controller.

I'll pass.

Jerickson88

$9995 for the wheels, motors, uprights, and control unit. $2000 for a battery. Adds 200# (but 0# unsprung). Reduces 0-60 by .6 of a second. Only works to 120 MPH. Max. of 13% regen and no on-board charging, so you're plugging in every night. Uses the CAN bus to determine throttle position - sounds pretty laggy compared to a dedicated sensor/motor controller.

I'll pass.
Too pricey for what I was mentioning above.