Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's next?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

So I've had a fiesta at since 2017. My first mod was the Cobb rmm, accessport and drop in Cobb filter. Last year I invested in a 2j intake with gold heat tape. I've seen my intake temps drop about 5-10 degrees depending on the day from that alone and got a tune from Jason at dizzy. My only Dyno is butt Dyno but the butt Dyno has noticed a nice change. About a month ago I purchased a whoosh v3 intercooler, turbosmart 14psi wastegate actuator, dual port bov (turbosmart) 2j uncatted downpipe, 2j side exit exhaust (still awaiting delivery) and whoosh silicon charge pipes. I'm looking to Max out the stock turbo with support mods and hit the highest numbers I can before purchasing the Trac spec turbo from whoosh. Do you guys have any recommendations on mods to Max out the capability of the stock turbo? What would I need to hit 240 whp and maybe 300 wtq? Cobb tuners telling me I'm hitting 230 estimated hp and 288 estimated torque but I know those numbers are off. Right now I've maxed out the map sensor for the car and can't see past 29.4 psi boost so not sure what I'm running.

You're gonna be hard-pressed to hit 240 whp on the stock turbo... but if you can it would take an E30 tune, a crossover pipe, and *maybe* an exhaust manifold. Jason at Dizzy claims ~233 whp on his E30, but a lot of people have reported lower numbers.

Also a catless downpipe makes the earth sad :(

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Exhaust manifold? You mean like whoosh's bored manifold or a tubular manifold? What is a crossover pipe? Also, Jason mentions on his site he only does e30 tunes for 7-11psi wastegates because that's what he has tested. And it took me a long time to consider the downpipe... I just can't help it. I love the sweet smell of gas and death.

Edit: just checked out the crossover pipes. Those are unecessary because I have 2jr behind cowl intake. There could some gain from an increase in intake inlet size though.

Last edited:

Spork1569

Exhaust manifold? You mean like whoosh's bored manifold or a tubular manifold? What is a crossover pipe? Also, Jason mentions on his site he only does e30 tunes for 7-11psi wastegates because that's what he has tested. And it took me a long time to consider the downpipe... I just can't help it. I love the sweet smell of gas and death.

Edit: just checked out the crossover pipes. Those are unecessary because I have 2jr behind cowl intake. There could some gain from an increase in intake inlet size though.
Just a not the intake elbow is a pain in the ass to install. I did it and getting the bolts in without being able to see is very hard, let alone actually tightening them while you akwardly lay across your engine bay.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Why didn't you just remove the turbo from the engine bay? I did that for the bov and it made it 10x easier. I mean it's a b**** to get out but once it's out it's a 10 min job.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Spork1569

Why didn't you just remove the turbo from the engine bay? I did that for the bov and it made it 10x easier. I mean it's a b**** to get out but once it's out it's a 10 min job.

Have yet to remove the turbo at all, but that would definitely make it easier. I didn't find installing the BPV hard at all since I have smaller hands, was able to reach it from the wheel well.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Did you notice any gains from the inlet or just smoothing of the acceleration?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Bump. Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. For someone who eventually plans to run the Trac spec hybrid turbo, what would be necessary to improve it's capability and reliability? Is aux fuel something I should look into? Maybe a new fuel pump that can run straight e85? Looking for ideas guys.