Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What’s the noise at full throttle

I’ve checked for boost leaks and have everything double clamped. Mods are Mountune hoses, intercooler, intake, rad, turbosmart bov, stratified tune, cpe OEM bypass valve delete and that’s about it. Thanks for any info this is driving me crazy

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sounds like the tire tread rubbing against something.
Don't want to end up in a 360 or do anything sdubid, but change the suspension loading a bit with a tad-bit of steering input to see whether the noise changes.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #6
Don't want to end up in a 360 or do anything sdubid, but change the suspension loading a bit with a tad-bit of steering input to see whether the noise changes.
Okay I’ll try that. The suspension is stock tires are 205/50r16 and have had them for 20k. It’s more consistent when the turbo hits full boost

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #8
Wow that sounds a lot like when a piece of paper gets sucked into a fan. I don't know what it is in this case but something sounds kinda grindy.
It’s so weird man. I really thought it was a boost leak it sounds like it’s coming from the front drivers side.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
There might be something to that - watch the video and look at how much the steering wheel is vibrating.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #10
Bump for insight. Should I take her to the dealer? If so what should I revert back to stock

Magnetic

In one of the videos it looked like it starts making the noise right at 3200 RPM. Have you noticed if it happens during a specific RPM? Almost seems like it flipped on like a switch. If so that could help narrowing it down a bit.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #13
OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #14
In one of the videos it looked like it starts making the noise right at 3200 RPM. Have you noticed if it happens during a specific RPM? Almost seems like it flipped on like a switch. If so that could help narrowing it down a bit.
It’s literally only sometimes once my car hits 20lbs if boost. That’s the only consistent variable I can find nothing to do with temps from what I can see. Also my car is tuned and won’t see anything higher than 20 pounds I’m a little afraid I have a bad turbo or something

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #15
I feel like that rpm is when the turbo is at full or at least 20 pounds of boost

Magnetic

I feel like that rpm is when the turbo is at full or at least 20 pounds of boost
It sounds like ringing metal almost like metal touching metal. I'd hate for it to be the blades but thats the only thing to me that would make that sound. If it's happening at full boost than maybe it is. Just watched the video and it def happens @20psi exactly. Could it be the wastegate actuator somehow?

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #19
So I changed the turbosmart out for my gfb dv+ and nothings changed maybe a little bit more responsive lol but the noise still exists. Gonna have to take it in to the dealer I think. What should I revert to stock?
Mods are:
Mountune FMI boost pipes and silicon hoses, induction kit, radiator and hoses, rmm, gfb dv+, a tb performance crash bar, Cobb access port and tune that will be reverted to factory, a damond motorsports catch can and that’s about it. Just need to know what the dealer will not like seeing the car is still under its power train warranty. Also weigh in if you think I should not take it to the dealer for this issue thanks guys

Do you have a symposer delete? I wonder if you popped the bladder inside the symposer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk