Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's The Right Wiring Harness?

So I had to replace my engine compartment wiring harness in my 2014 Fiesta ST. I went ahead and ordered this one from here https://www.appleautosparts.com/v-2014-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/electrical--wiring-harness whose part number is G2BZ-14290-AD and as you can see below, it is for the 1.6l turbo
1568861189651.png

I got an email shortly after from the guy at the store saying that my VIN had returned a different part number "D2BZ-14290-C". So, I looked it up online and every site said that D2BZ-14290-C was for the Fiestas with the non turbo 1.6l. Fast forward to tonight, I started disassembling the harness on my car and when I got to the fuse box, I noticed how the one on my car is slightly bigger and laid out differently than the one in the wiring harness that is supposed to replace it
My car:
IMG_20190918_211936.jpg

Fuse box from the wiring harness that is supposed to fit my 14 Fiesta ST:
IMG_20190918_211928.jpg

Am I missing something here? Was the part number on their website incorrect? The told me it would fit but you cannot return electrical parts so I hope they can help me out in here since I think I'm not at fault.

On a side note, any Ford techs that can shed some light? What is the right part number for the engine compartment wiring harness for a 2014 Fiesta ST?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would say that the part number on their website is incorrect. As those Both those PDC's are completely different in design. Fuck that you cant return electrical parts if its wrong. Did you use PayPal when you bought it? I'd contact them.

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
I would say that the part number on their website is incorrect. As those Both those PDC's are completely different in design. Fuck that you cant return electrical parts if its wrong. Did you use PayPal when you bought it? I'd contact them.
I sent them an email an hour ago right after I found out. No Paypal, just through their website and worst case scenario I'll use my CC company but that will be my last resort, I want them to make it right and just exchange it for the right harness.

I did some more digging and saw that in the owners manual for the 14 and 15, it shows the same fuse box as mine but 2016+ show the one I got. Did Ford change the fuse box of MY 2016+?

Mine has 2 big grey relays and one big black relay.. different to both fuse boxes, but mine is a 2014 3door Australian or Euro model..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Mine has 2 big grey relays and one big black relay.. different to both fuse boxes, but mine is a 2014 3door Australian or Euro model..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think Fiestas in Europe and Australia have different harnesses. I just can't believe the website listed the wrong one for my car and I can't seem to find anything online other than this one from Ford's website:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/wire-looms-and-connectors/wiring-assy-engine-compartment-6464353-1
Which if I look at the description, it specifies this "Usage: 06/24/2013 - 12/01/2014, Fiesta (B299), 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma"

Is that the right harness?? The dates may check out since it's only good for the 2013 and 2014 which would be the 2014 and 2015 MY

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
I just heard back from the parts department and it looks like the right part number was D2BZ-14290-C not the G2BZ-14290-AD the website listed. They will order the new harness and just exchange it since I didn't mess with it. I just have to wait until Tuesday :(

Very happy with the support I got though.

JWA

@fiestamnst - Thanks for posting the pics of those two harnesses. I have the opposite problem - I need one for my 2016 ST and the parts lists are a little weird as you found. The number that looked to be the most likely was G2BZ-14290-AD, and the only pic that I could find anywhere online showing that one was yours above - and that's the exact one that I need. I feel a little better ordering it blind with no returns now. Thanks!