Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 109 29.5%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 166 45.0%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Leave it stock

OR

Lowering Springs

OR

Coil-Overs

OR

Air Suspension

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I sent the shock ride height measurements and spring rates 6k/4K to BC Racing so each set will look and ride just like the prototype set I spec'd out. I set the ride height at a 7/8 drop in the rear, 1" drop in the front. There is plenty of room to slam the car but thats not my style.
Sounds like a bit of movement Here is the LINKY to the thread over in a different Forum.. Joe also put a Wilwood BBK on his car already too looks nice .. If I recall he tracks his car at or near Road Atlanta so he does have track savey in that he has driven FWD cars with some power at speed :) just sayin is all he has done what I plan on doing just maybe not to the degree he has gone into it :)

[video=youtube_share;oJtEdMzIxHs]http://youtu.be/oJtEdMzIxHs[/video]

Here are the B C coilovers in action

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
It does Look really good.

Leaving it stock for now. The car handles well. I have driven it on track completely stock. I don't see why anyone would want to lower it. The car sits lower than most stock cars I have seen.

Option 4, Koni sport shocks if they become available, I know they are looking at euro shocks they already sell over there to see if they can be used on USDM cars right now.

No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.

well I fall within the 1 percent who spends his time adjusting/ getting custom revalves to make shocks work and yes I soften them in rain or on particularly rough lots,bilsteins can be good. But I prefer Konis myself, especially since I can get them rebuilt once a year for only the cost of parts.

I don't go to the track enough to justify suspension mods at this point. Its plenty nimble for me and id be afraid to drive around the city if it were much lower.

I don't go to the track enough to justify suspension mods at this point. Its plenty nimble for me and id be afraid to drive around the city if it were much lower.
I agree with you there, no sense for me to lowers my suspension, won't be seeing any tracks any time soon.

C. love

I would love bags for mine. However a good system is a ton (3k ish) so maybe just lowering springs to keep it cheap. I would do coilovers but i simply don't wanna spend alot of money and care more a bout aesthetics. Handling wise these things are one of the best handling cars out of the box ive driven to date especially at the price point

Option 4, Koni sport shocks if they become available, I know they are looking at euro shocks they already sell over there to see if they can be used on USDM cars right now.
I am also patiently awaiting the konis. Only shocks are legal in my autocross class and this car needs rebound to be toned down.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
After my warranty expires or my current suspension fails, whiche ever comes first...im getting coilovers with damper and ride heigth adjustment. By that time one will be the favorite and the one i will get but as of right now its too early to decide since not many are out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ordered BC coilovers yesterday from 2J racing Group Buy $950 shipped. Height, damper and front camber adjustable.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ordered BC coilovers yesterday from 2J racing Group Buy $950 shipped. Height, damper and front camber adjustable.
You going to toss them on right away ? should be what about a couple weeks till they show up if i recall...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
No, Im gonna wait till 1. Snow is done for the season 2. Might sell my 17" Sparcos and buy 16" wheels 3. Buy a front lip

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
No, Im gonna wait till 1. Snow is done for the season 2. Might sell my 17" Sparcos and buy 16" wheels 3. Buy a front lip
OK why you getting the 16's ? they will still fit the big brakes or you not looking at then right now ?
I went 15 so big brakes are out for me but better pads and snazzy rotors will dress it up some :)