Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel thoughts?

New to forum and looking for some help/guidance.

Looking to buy a set of wheels need help with some specs. Unfortunately the wheels i want do not come in the 4x108 lug pattern.

What are the pros and cons to adapters. I have never personally used them. i have always been told to stay away, but of course google says its perfectly acceptable and that's what they are there for.

Should i try it or just move on to different wheels?

If i do it what width and offset should i be looking to go with?

Attachments

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'm not familiar with adapters, because my aftermarket wheels use the stock 4 X 108 bolt pattern. You will discover that choices in that bolt pattern are fairly limited. When I have a car like the Fiesta ST that some smart engineers put a lot of thought into, I don't just lightly change what they did, so I'm conservative with mods. I got aftermarket wheels in the stock specs, 7" wide and 47 offset (stock is an odd 47.5 offset, but obviously a half a millimeter isn't going to make much difference.) My wheels are about 5 pounds lighter per wheel than stock, which is a significant amount of unsprung weight to save, that was a change and an improvement I did want to make.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock offset is 47.5 mm. You'd have to look for something that ads up to that. I don't know anything about adapters. It IS hard to find wheels for this Ford.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm not familiar with adapters, because my aftermarket wheels use the stock 4 X 108 bolt pattern. You will discover that choices in that bolt pattern are fairly limited. When I have a car like the Fiesta ST that some smart engineers put a lot of thought into, I don't just lightly change what they did, so I'm conservative with mods. I got aftermarket wheels in the stock specs, 7" wide and 47 offset (stock is an odd 47.5 offset, but obviously a half a millimeter isn't going to make much difference.) My wheels are about 5 pounds lighter per wheel than stock, which is a significant amount of unsprung weight to save, that was a change and an improvement I did want to make.
I just put wheels on mine a few days ago. They are 4 lbs lighter than stock, and I noticed the lighter feel just pulling onto the street from the tire shop. It's nice.
Turning felt a touch lighter.

CSM

1000 Post Club
General consensus is that for the Fiesta, wheel adapters just wont work since you'll end up with wheels that poke outside the fenders.

Best to look for a 4x108 wheel

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
so let's pretend i get 4x108 to 4x100 adapters that are 1.25" thick. could rolling fenders and using slightly aggressive camber be enough to give it a good look? wheel specs would be 17x7 +38 offset.
Really just set on these wheels but if its not meant to be its not meant to be...

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
so let's pretend i get 4x108 to 4x100 adapters that are 1.25" thick. could rolling fenders and using slightly aggressive camber be enough to give it a good look? wheel specs would be 17x7 +38 offset.
Really just set on these wheels but if its not meant to be its not meant to be...
Maybe. More work than I'd be willing to do, but it might look good. Hard to say.

This sort of thing is really a bit out of my wheelhouse. :p

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Aren't those XXR521s you pictured above DOUBLE drilled in BOTH 4x108 AND 4x100??

(Or aren't those the wheels you want?)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe if you ask them, they can do you a set in 108.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Look around. XXR wheels do offer 4x108 in a lot of popular wheels.

I myself have a set of 17x7.5 XXR 521s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from Hondas, I expected the Fiesta would have a decent amount of wheel options. Then I began to see a trend of Team Dynamics, Konig, OZ, etc. Plain fact is that the wheel market is slim. I had to give in and buy some Konig Dekagrams in 16x8 with +40 offset.

Another issue is tire fitment. When lowered, the widest tire you can fit is a 235, and that's if the tire brand runs small. On something like a BFG, the biggest you can get is a 215 section MAX.

It's a bummer that only a few brands make a wheel with a 4x108 bolt pattern. You could always use a drill hub to convert your wheels to 4x100, but it's a PITA. Just keep looking. XXR may make some, AOdhan may be flexible; ask around.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They are drilled 4x100 and 4x114.3 =/
I cannot stand the way double drilled looks to begin with, but to go through the bother/hassle/etc. of using adapters in order to put double drilled wheels on my car, nah, NO THANKS (but that's just me). [wink]

There are few wheel choices for this car/PCD/requisite ET vs. the ubiquitous 4x100, yes, but there are enough that are decent looking and/or light enough (albeit some of the custom drilled/offset ones are $$$$) to not have to use adapters (I don't even like using spacers, but IF I needed them, for example, to get a needed for open tracking fixed caliper BBK on the car, I would use them).

It is not exactly the same true, but a close approximation to the style/aesthetics of that wheel is the Sparco Corsa, and there might be others in our bolt pattern as well.
I'm sure others who do know of them will chime in on here. [:)]

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #14
Coming from Hondas, I expected the Fiesta would have a decent amount of wheel options. Then I began to see a trend of Team Dynamics, Konig, OZ, etc. Plain fact is that the wheel market is slim. I had to give in and buy some Konig Dekagrams in 16x8 with +40 offset.

Another issue is tire fitment. When lowered, the widest tire you can fit is a 235, and that's if the tire brand runs small. On something like a BFG, the biggest you can get is a 215 section MAX.

It's a bummer that only a few brands make a wheel with a 4x108 bolt pattern. You could always use a drill hub to convert your wheels to 4x100, but it's a PITA. Just keep looking. XXR may make some, AOdhan may be flexible; ask around.
whats the process of converting your hub? is it expensive?

whats the process of converting your hub? is it expensive?
Not really. Get a Hells Gate Hot Rods 4x100 Drill Hub Kit for $120 and fill your oiler with a cutting fluid solution of your choice. The instructions will tell you to tighten the hub on with lug nuts, drilling pilot holes one at a time as you rotate the hub after each drill, then hitting the pilot holes with the big drill bit for studs to fit in.

I decided against this as I plan on fitting the Wilwood BBK in the near future and didn't want to bother with playing with rotors.

I've been running 225/45R15 BFG Rival S 1.5s with a Swift/B6 setup- no rub, although it does come pretty close.

I just put wheels on mine a few days ago. They are 4 lbs lighter than stock, and I noticed the lighter feel just pulling onto the street from the tire shop. It's nice.
Turning felt a touch lighter.
Which ones did you get? I'm in the market for wheels. I was gonna get teh OZ Ultraleggeras in bronze, but they dont do bronze anymore. And since the look of the wheel was just ok to me without the bronze option I'm now looking into others.