Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel tire combos

Reviving this thread. Running in HS with two events down. Predictably, the PS4 all seasons are unhappy about it!

I have 1552 podium 17x7.5” rims from the previous owner. They’re technically too wide for HS but I’ve been assured it doesn’t matter unless I start winning.

Looking to get some summer tires that can do DD duty and still hold up at autox events. Eventually I’d like to get some 200tw on 16x7 wheels to put on before events, but that’s off in the future. For now, i’m working with what I’ve got.

Any suggestions for a 300tw summer tire in the 205/40-45 or 215/40 range? I’m thinking:

Indy 500
Conti ECS
Yoko advan Fleva v701

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Reviving this thread. Running in HS with two events down. Predictably, the PS4 all seasons are unhappy about it!

I have 1552 podium 17x7.5” rims from the previous owner. They’re technically too wide for HS but I’ve been assured it doesn’t matter unless I start winning.

Looking to get some summer tires that can do DD duty and still hold up at autox events. Eventually I’d like to get some 200tw on 16x7 wheels to put on before events, but that’s off in the future. For now, i’m working with what I’ve got.

Any suggestions for a 300tw summer tire in the 205/40-45 or 215/40 range? I’m thinking:

Indy 500
Conti ECS
Yoko advan Fleva v701
I have the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 currently on aftermarket but stock size 17x7 wheels, and previously had the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. I much prefer the Yokohamas because they have better turn in and and crisper steering response, which was my goal in getting a tire. The first choice for that would have been the original equipment Bridgestone Potenza RE050As, but they are of course discontinued. The Indy 500s may have as much ultimate grip as the Yokohamas, but the steering feel is a bit mushy and vague when you push them, which I really disliked.
I have not autocrossed either one, but based on my experience on the street, I suspect that the Yokohamas would do much better.

I have the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 currently on aftermarket but stock size 17x7 wheels, and previously had the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. I much prefer the Yokohamas because they have better turn in and and crisper steering response, which was my goal in getting a tire. The first choice for that would have been the original equipment Bridgestone Potenza RE050As, but they are of course discontinued. The Indy 500s may have as much ultimate grip as the Yokohamas, but the steering feel is a bit mushy and vague when you push them, which I really disliked.
I have not autocrossed either one, but based on my experience on the street, I suspect that the Yokohamas would do much better.
Great, thanks. Yoko Also comes in 215/40 which is me ideal size…

IF anyone does complain, just tell them that the 1552s are heavier than the factory wheels! [wink]
Yeah, the 1552s are more show then go. In the case of the podium super tourings they’re slightly lighter than stock while being a half inch wider, but it’s far from ideal. Would love to reduce unsprung mass, but that’s in the future.

Yeah, the 1552s are more show then go. In the case of the podium super tourings they’re slightly lighter than stock while being a half inch wider, but it’s far from ideal. Would love to reduce unsprung mass, but that’s in the future.
Just checked - super touring podium weighs in at 19.92 lbs; OEM at 23.2. So about 12 lbs difference total - not as bad as I thought. Integrales or Tarmacs on the other hand…

Just checked - super touring podium weighs in at 19.92 lbs; OEM at 23.2. So about 12 lbs difference total - not as bad as I thought. Integrales or Tarmacs on the other hand…
when it comes to OEM specs, i really don't see how you can beat the Sparco FF-1s. but that's in 17x7, not 16x7 like you say you want. it's a shame they don't sell them in 17x8 in our bolt pattern Stateside.

edit: this is all IMO and based off specs. but if i had wanted to stay OEM width they would've been my first choice. i have fifteen52 chicanes b/c i got them at a screaming deal and plan to keep them as my cold-weather setup when i do switch to a flow formed 17x8 for summer duty (but i don't ever plan on HS racing)

when it comes to OEM specs, i really don't see how you can beat the Sparco FF-1s. but that's in 17x7, not 16x7 like you say you want. it's a shame they don't sell them in 17x8 in our bolt pattern Stateside.

edit: this is all IMO and based off specs. but if i had wanted to stay OEM width they would've been my first choice. i have fifteen52 chicanes b/c i got them at a screaming deal and plan to keep them as my cold-weather setup when i do switch to a flow formed 17x8 for summer duty (but i don't ever plan on HS racing)
yep, 17" FF-1s is what my local FiST HS hotshoe runs. In 16x7" there are the Sparco Assetto Garas.