Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where is the post-intercooler charge air temperature sensor located?

Is it in the sensor in the cold pipe or in the intake manifold? The car has one, correct? If it's not one of those two, what is the sensor in the cold pipe, and what is the sensor on left side of the intake manifold?

(And no, I'm not referring to the IAT on the intake/MAF.)

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Great! My part number there is BV61-9F479-AA. It's reading completely dead and sending a constant -40C signal to the ECU. Thanks!

Great! My part number there is BV61-9F479-AA. It's reading completely dead and sending a constant -40C signal to the ECU. Thanks!
BV61-9F479-AA looks like is the MAP sensor at the intake manifold and not the air temp sensor. The air temp sensor seems to not be available alone, it comes with the charge pipe. C1BZ-6F073-A

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
First picture is what's in the cold pipe, second picture is what's in the intake manifold. The sensor in the cold pipe did look like it had a thermistor. Perhaps it's a MAP as well, but maybe only the thermistor reading is used? I suppose this could have been a mistake from the factory - this has been our car since new.

Edit: you can see the thermistor bulb in this picture from an ebay listing:

Cold pipe sensor (note the wear and tear from it's placement under the car):

IM sensor:

Last edited:
Upon further investigation, and like you said, it looks like the BV61-9F479-AA has a thermistor so I'm pretty sure it's not a MAP. It's just listed as a MAP sensor almost everywhere for whatever reason. It looks like Ford part sites don't list it and only show the charge pipe assembly which include the sensor.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
New sensor, same reading by the shop computer (-40C). Either the computer isn't reading the PID correctly, or the sensor is only taken into account under certain conditions, or there's a broken wire somewhere. Either way, I'm gonna let this one go.