Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WHICH all seasons when ordered with them from the factory??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To those who have ordered their STs WITH the all season tire option;

WHICH tire did they give you (brand AND actual model)?

ANY chance they would give me the (excellent) Pilot Sport AS3, as that is one of the very few all seasons made in the actual OEM size???

Losfor

I didn't order AS with my car but I remember reading here that they did give you pilot sport AS3's if you did. Take that as you will.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
THANKS to all above! [twothumb]

I'm going to order it with the all seasons then, since it will buy me some time to decide on a PURE summer wheel/tire set up, and also that I heard the PS AS3s are not too far behind many great UHP SUMMER only tires in DRY performance, and somewhat acceptable (on a FWD/AWD ride) in very light, shallow snow performance.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just gave my daughter the 205/45/17 PS A/S3 tires I bought to put on 16.8 lb Konig 17x7 wheels as they rode like a brick and were very noisy compared to my 225/45/15 Rival S tires, so much so my wife did not want to ride in or drive the car. They are pretty amazing in performance for an AS tire but do not feel like they have as much overall grip as the far less costly and I know really a 3 season tire, the 205/50/15 NeoGen I now have for my AS tires which ride a great deal better and make much less noise. They are a very wide 205, like the PS A/S3 so work really well on an 8" wide rim.

I love this car but Ford has done some stupid things with it, super heavy stock wheels, 17's, it should of came with light weight 16x8 wheels, which can be had for cheap for a company as big as they are.

Since you are in PA you might as well get the summer tires and a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires in 15 or 16" as the PS A/S3 is a three season tire at best.

Sorry if coming across a bit negative, bad afternoon, our very expensive but a bit retarded due to bad breeder Irish Wolfhound started eating dog sheat again, I am about to give her away but do have a good place for her if I do.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
^^^IF I knew I could sell the (brand new) stock B-Stone summer set up for decent coin, I would buy a PURE, light, sticky (100 or 200 tread wear autocross gummies) set up FIRST, and then get a PURE winter tire/wheel set up (Hakka R2s on 15s/16s) later.

Do the stock 140 tread wear B-Stones turn into blocks of ice in below 45* F (even bone dry) ambients, like most other UHP summer rubber does???