Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which BOV should I buy

So I've decided i want my next modification to be an aftermarket blow off valve, I mainly want it for just the sound but I'm having a hard time deciding between the turbosmart EM 50/50 or the plumb back model. I really want it to be loud and I also want the fluttering sound which I know the plumb back makes but I've heard from some people that the 50/50 is louder and still flutters and others say the 50/50 doesn't flutter at all. can anyone with a 50/50 EM chime in about the sound does it just sound like it is venting or will I get those beautiful fluttering sounds from it also.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im running an HKS SSQV which pretty cool in that it makes different sounds at different "releases". Hi-boost makes the high pitched piercing squawk sound. Lower boost pressure make anything from flutters to low whooshes/squawks.

Youtube it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I second the hks. Use the symposer delete adapter and a turbosmart block off plate for the oem diverter location.

OP
aclausjr
Thread Starter #4
Im running an HKS SSQV which pretty cool in that it makes different sounds at different "releases". Hi-boost makes the high pitched piercing squawk sound. Lower boost pressure make anything from flutters to low whooshes/squawks.

Youtube it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback i just looked it up it sounds great the only thing pushing me towards the turbosmart is how close it is to the OE valve. But the HKS does sound way too nice to not consider, do you feel like it is more responsive then the OE valve?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The hks reacts just as quickly, yes. If not maybe milliseconds slower. There will be some lag thanks to the location of the bov itself. As the turbo has to re pressurize all the charge piping, but i feel its a minimal trade off. And the car ends up a little bit easier on the tires. But that merely opinion based.

Erick_V

Blue spring, 2 shims. Wait.. wrong forum.

I've been thinking about picking up the CPE charge pipe so I can run that HKS setup. Mostly for the noise but it also comes with a fitting for meth if I decide to go that route. I would go HKS but if I decide to go the cheaper route w/ OEM piping it would be the TS Shortie or possibly the GFB DV+

From whoosh’s website, its a review
I am indecisive and couldn't decide whether to get the dual port or the plumb-back, so I bought both. After getting pulled over (SoCal smog police) for making blowoff sounds, the decision was made for me - I stuck with the plumb-back! But, that's not a knock against this product, it sounds awesome!

The EM VR2 is *fast*, that's the thing that is most noticeable upon your first drive post-installation. There is no speed difference between the dual port or the plumb-back, they are both lightning quick. At part throttle you get a little flutter which is fun :) the dual port has a loud whooshing blowoff sound which is higher pitched than a Fiesta ST with just an intake, and much louder. It *does* blow off frequently, so if you aren't ready for a non-stop pssssh parade, the dual port might not be for you, check out the plumb-back. These DV's are a good alternative to the GFB DV+, and do not require occasional maintenance/oiling like the GFB kits do. I really love both of them, but I prefer the plumb-back. They both greatly improve part-throttle drive-ability, and make off throttle/on throttle transitions much smoother.

Would buy again. Still have both, may go back to the dual-port until I get pulled over and referee'd again. Who knows ;)

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Blue spring, 2 shims. Wait.. wrong forum.

I've been thinking about picking up the CPE charge pipe so I can run that HKS setup. Mostly for the noise but it also comes with a fitting for meth if I decide to go that route. I would go HKS but if I decide to go the cheaper route w/ OEM piping it would be the TS Shortie or possibly the GFB DV+
I originally had the cpe piping. It really did not fit the car well. No matter how i adjusted it. And probably kept giving me false knock signals everytime the piping hit the block under load. So i got the adapter for the symposer location. Lesson learned that i spent 200 dollars too much and had to re do it.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Symposer port is great. It'll need occasional cleaning and is way easier to get to that way. Not many bad options whatever you decide, however.

slopoke

If you want loud, you want a full vent to atmosphere type. A 50/50 routes 50% back to the turbo, so the sound volume of the venting of pressure is not as loud.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I just installed the Turbosmart Veeport Pro bov at the symposer port. More of a whoosh when not under load. Gets a bit of a chirp to it under load. Closer to the TS compact 50/50 than that unique HKS sound though.