Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Brand of Gas should I use?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
By my college there is a: Wawa, Racetrack, 7-11, BP, Chevron. I know Chevron and BP are up there in quality, but what about the others?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
In general, I try to always buy gas that meets the Top Tier spec.
https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/
This way you are pretty sure that you are getting gas that has a an acceptable amount of detergents in them. Most gas stations that participate will have a logo somewhere on the pump that says they meet the requirements. BP and Chevron are on the list. I do not have Wawa nor Racetrack in my area, so I cannot speak directly about them. You could call them up and ask about the additive packages they use (or don't)

Spork1569

My two main gas sources are Shell and Costco. I like Shell a lot and usually buy it with Fuel Rewards discounts.

Chevron is overpriced in my opinion. I also look for Top Tier if those choices are not available.
Second on shell.

It's too bad gas isn't the greatest in CA, especially now during the summer but it feels better knowing I'm running something a bit better for the engine.

Love Costco too since it's top tier and cheap, but sometimes the wait times are insane. I don't understand how people take 40 minutes at the pump when I'm done in 5.

I know our gas tank isn't the biggest but damn is everyone preparing for the apocolypse or do all SUVs/Tracks just have 40 gallon tanks or something?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I roll BP 93 usually....sometimes Shell 93.... Chevron is also good. I don't roll 91 because it sucks and I'm hardcore like that.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No one should have to live with just 91 oct... if that's the case I'd be driving to get it or moving.

Spork1569

No one should have to live with just 91 oct... if that's the case I'd be driving to get it or moving.

On the bright side at least we have our savior E-85 to the rescue.

California has its perks, mostly the weather, but very few when it comes to being a car enthusiast.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
On the bright side at least we have our savior E-85 to the rescue.

California has its perks, mostly the weather, but very few when it comes to being a car enthusiast.
Actually we do have some absolutely amazing roads and several race tracks. We have three in easy in driving distance, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Fontana , if you want to drive east we have Chuckwalla
We also have up north, Laguna Seca, ThunderHill,Infineon. So given all that its not a bad deal .
So regardless of what others in middle America might say , we have the twisties, we have the tracks and thats where these cars excel.

Actually we do have some absolutely amazing roads and several race tracks. We have three in easy in driving distance, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Fontana , if you want to drive east we have Chuckwalla
We also have up north, Laguna Seca, ThunderHill,Infineon. So given all that its not a bad deal .
So regardless of what others in middle America might say , we have the twisties, we have the tracks and thats where these cars excel.
Don’t forget Angela’s crest...I am jealous.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I will stick with North Carolina. I bought my house in 2015 and I don't ever plan on selling it.
Anyway on to gas Exxon, Shell, BP.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Whether it was previous car, motorcycle or this car, it seems like any vehicle I put BP in around here, gets noticeably less torque/power. It's like I'm running the RPMs way up there and getting nowhere. Don't know if their alcohol content is higher or what, but I don't buy it unless I'm in a pinch or a hurry.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Whether it was previous car, motorcycle or this car, it seems like any vehicle I put BP in around here, gets noticeably less torque/power. It's like I'm running the RPMs way up there and getting nowhere. Don't know if their alcohol content is higher or what, but I don't buy it unless I'm in a pinch or a hurry.
That's interesting. In my neck of the woods, all fuel comes in via pipeline from a single refinery (premixed with ethanol). The only difference between companies is what add pack they use for detergents. Any Ethanol free fuel is trucked in (and is generally crap) and E85 is not available. Guessing the situation is different in Ohio.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That's interesting. In my neck of the woods, all fuel comes in via pipeline from a single refinery (premixed with ethanol). The only difference between companies is what add pack they use for detergents. Any Ethanol free fuel is trucked in (and is generally crap) and E85 is not available. Guessing the situation is different in Ohio.
Ya its not to much difference here in Cali there are like two refineries in NorCal and 3 down here. Literally all are gas is pretty much the same its just add pack and ethanol or not. The ones that do use ethanol have to put on the pump that it has it. Its 10% at those stations. We do have a few places with E85 but its widespread like the midwest. So ya if its top tier pretty much any place will work. I just prefer Costco for the price and Shell because they have a really good add pack and they have a discount program.

California is the best!
Edit: Mobil, Chevron, Sunoco.
Edit #2: Any station with high ethanol percentage 🇺🇸

Last edited:

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
No-name stations use gasoline from refineries owned by the majors or tier one downstream operation, like Flint Hill. The difference between that and the brand name has is in the additives. So, you'll get the same gas minus the good stuff.

No-name stations use gasoline from refineries owned by the majors or tier one downstream operation, like Flint Hill. The difference between that and the brand name has is in the additives. So, you'll get the same gas minus the good stuff.
That’s called gypsy gas versus Top Tier gasoline. Thank you for your contribution 👏