Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which orientation to install rear coilovers spring?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Installing rear coilover spring and now I'm second guessing myself. I've found posts showing both orientations.

Below is a picture of the way I have it installed. Not using the guide on the left but I'm worried about metal on metal. Any thoughts? ISC kit if anyone is wondering.

20210626_131801.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Spring perch on the top!

You have it backwards.
Ok but the poly mount doesn't fit well against the perch. 2J Racing has a how to of BC Coils like I have mine. But then Ron has a How to of Ksport the opposite way.

I installed my Meister R the same way you did. I reused the OEM plastic spring seat under the spring adjuster.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I installed my Meister R the same way you did. I reused the OEM plastic spring seat under the spring adjuster.
Ok that's what I'm leaning towards doing. What did the bottom of the Meister R coil perch look like?

haste

1000 Post Club
My buddy installed the ST coilovers like you have them and his perches are ruined. Unless my FAs and his STs are different, the perch sits waaaay better at the top because its a flat surface.