Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

White smoke from oil dipstick tube and oil fill cap

Hi guys, on my 2014 ST today I noticed a white smoke (steam?) coming from the dipstick tube when I went to check the oil levels (engine was warm and off). I have tried looking this up and there are many inconsistencies, with people saying that this is fine, and others saying it may be an issue and am a bit confused. I drove it around a bit and I did not notice any obvious weirdness and no CELs came on. Also, I don't think any smoke was coming from the exhaust. Is this common for the ST? Or should I have this looked at? Thanks!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi guys, on my 2014 ST today I noticed a white smoke (steam?) coming from the dipstick tube when I went to check the oil levels (engine was warm and off). I have tried looking this up and there are many inconsistencies, with people saying that this is fine, and others saying it may be an issue and am a bit confused. I drove it around a bit and I did not notice any obvious weirdness and no CELs came on. Also, I don't think any smoke was coming from the exhaust. Is this common for the ST? Or should I have this looked at? Thanks!
Hows the coolant level? If it's fine....quit worrying all oil will smoke some especially after you just get done beating on it and it's still warm* that's what the pcv system is for.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
AyeJay029
Thread Starter #3
Hows the coolant level? If it's fine....quit worrying all oil will smoke some especially after you just get done beating on it and it's still warm* that's what the pcv system is for.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Appreciate the information bud thx, I'm not super mechanically inclined and learning!