Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who has made their own splitter?

I've seen a few people make comments in splitter threads "just make your own" but I can't find where anyone has posted about actually doing that. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions on how to do it? It doesn't seem too complicated (make shape, cut out shape, attach to car) but I don't know what materials would be most beneficial/easiest to use in this application.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Not a FiST obviously, but I made this one out of plywood and a plastic sign I stole from the side of the road. This is my Lemons car and it actually does create noticeable downforce, even as slow as highway speeds. On track it's amazing.

It all depends how good you are at DIY and how ugly you're willing to settle on. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #4
Not a FiST obviously, but I made this one out of plywood and a plastic sign I stole from the side of the road. This is my Lemons car and it actually does create noticeable downforce, even as slow as highway speeds. On track it's amazing.

It all depends how good you are at DIY and how ugly you're willing to settle on. Lol

I had thought about plywood: I watched a youtube video about a couple of guys who did the cannonball run in a crown victoria with a plywood splitter. My other car is a crown vic, so it seared itself into my memory. Does that extend under the car also, like a skid plate? I need to go research the functionality of splitters (instead of the cosmetic-ality[confuse] of them).

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Yes mine goes all the way to the front crossmember, basically even with the front of the wheel opening.

The splitter on my Fiesta is just for looks and doesn't really do much. As large and low as the Sentra splitter is, it makes a huge difference. I take it off for rallycross events and can instantly feel the difference on the highway. Nothing else changes between track and rallycross setup, btw.

Nice to see a SE-R randomly in this group 👍🏼 I’ve had five of them

felopr

I have done this too on a track civic 95 that I had with plywood
It worked really well
For this to work on the Fist, you gotta build a good airdam, or it wouldn't work imo

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Nice to see a SE-R randomly in this group [emoji1360] I’ve had five of them
Nice. I currently have three although one of them is a roller and was supposed to be a parts car but actually I haven't pulled anything off of it yet because it is too cheap and easy to get new parts from any auto parts store. LOL

The one in the pic above is my first one and to be honest, is the reason why I now have a Fiesta ST. For the longest time my track cars were all rear wheel drive. And my Fiesta is now my favorite track day car, even more than my 2012 Z06.