Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who has scraped yet?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So since the FiST sits lower than a normal fiesta....who has scraped the lower fascia on the bumper and who has a remedy for it? I was thinking of taping it off and doing an undercoating layer....thoughts?

While it may be lower than a regular Fiesta, it really isn't a very low car. I dropped the ride height a little over an inch with the Mountune springs and I still haven't even come close to scraping the bumper on even the most terrifying parking lot entrance/exits. I have nicked the air dam a few times as it hangs down really low beneath the bumper, but it doesn't show any real damage. The whole front end of my car is wrapped in a 3M Xpel clear-bra which should prevent scratches in the unlikely event I do manage to hit the bumper on something.

I never really scrape and have no scrape marks but did find three huge scratch marks that looked like I ran over wolverine when installing ezlip that went right over the scratches and probably would have prevented them but would also have ripped my ezlip

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It's only something like 1/2" lower than a na model, that's hardly scrape-worthy.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I don't know if you guys park in lots with the cement stops in front of the car...those are scrape worthy....I'm not talking about driveways or entrances into parking lots.

I don't know if you guys park in lots with the cement stops in front of the car...those are scrape worthy....I'm not talking about driveways or entrances into parking lots.
I always I make sure I stay well clear of those in any vehicle. I work for Ford, and even a new F-150's front airdam will scrape on those.

I have the same issue. Bad habit of getting to close to the concrete stops and curbs, and figuring out which gear is reverse(different thread). I just learned to be really careful now.

I have one of those curb driveways. A true feat of engineering, seemingly designed to only make it more difficult to get in and out of the driveway in a car. If I don't angle it out just right every time, it whacks the fascia or the flexible plastic bit further back. And I'm on stock suspension.

My driveway sucks but luckily I only have one scratch on the very bottom of the fascia, where no one could possibly see it. I will never lower this car until I move to a different house with a driveway designed by a sane person.

I've scraped a few times on Cobb springs on those curbed driveways as well. Also a couple mammoth speed bumps. They literally make speed bumps the size of a small whale in Chicago.

I never scraped on anything at stock height and that's driving in Chicago which means parking garages, ramps, entry dips etc. Now lowered I have only head it scrape coming down a parking garage ramp. FWIW on the Ford website there's a video telling owners how to remove the air dam on their F150s for driving in snow etc and the video says the air dam is only for aerodynamics, no mention of cooling. Maybe same theory applies to Fiestas?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
So it called an "air dam"? Whats the purpose of this thing? I wanna remove it.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Any remedies?

scrapearmor.com would be a good solution but they don't make it for the FiST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I scraped the driver's side front cover under the car (NOT seen from the top/front without crawling under the car) from a parking block, and I plan to do a satin black wrap on that, as well as the front lip directly in front of the intercooler opening/grille.

I am sorry that I did not do a clear protective wrap to the whole front clip when the car was brand spanking new, but it has too many noticeable/major chips now to do this (closing the barn door AFTER the hossies have already run out). [:(]

I scraped the driver's side front cover under the car (NOT seen from the top/front without crawling under the car) from a parking block, and I plan to do a satin black wrap on that, as well as the front lip directly in front of the intercooler opening/grille.

I am sorry that I did not do a clear protective wrap to the whole front clip when the car was brand spanking new, but it has too many noticeable/major chips now to do this (closing the barn door AFTER the hossies have already run out). [:(]
Completely agree, but hindsight is 20/20. Next week I plan in getting matte black wrap on the “cups” and front lip. Should hide the idiot marks and protect it if it happens again.

Will probably wrap the side mirrors and a few other things to tie it all together.

I also thought about the Lamin-x sheets and cutting them to size as an easily replaceable scrape protection armor.

SrsBsns

I'm lowered and have a Pierce 6 point brace. I scrape pretty regularly on speed bumps.

I just make sure to approach things at an angle and let each wheel travel over the bump one at a time. This generally prevents me from scraping anything.

My old M3 was VERY low and compared to that, my lowered Fiesta feels practically like a 4x4.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Get splitter it will take the abuse rather than the underside of your bumper or air dam. Yes I have scraped many times now. LA is notorius for horrible driveway cuts and crowned fucking sidewalk drive entrances . WTF where they thinking we all drive 4x4’s? Oh and don’t get me started about the SUV drivers who slow down and crawl over speed bumps like there car is dropped. :ROFLMAO: