Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh 2" Antenna

SrsBsns

I have a 2" antenna and my reception is fine. I don't use the radio that often, but my phone has died once or twice and I've listened to the radio with no problems.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone else installed a Whoosh 2" stubby antenna and had their radio reception go to crap?
Any fixes?
I have the 4", so I can't say what the 2" would do. I tried the 4" antenna with a far off AM radio station that's hard to receive, and compared with the stock antenna, there was no difference. I listen to the radio quite a bit.

I can tell you the 4" works fine, if you're worried about AM/FM reception.

xxiaze

Any chance you can add a pic and share more details? Are you saying you get acceptable AM/FM reception?
Perfectly acceptable reception. I didn’t notice a difference at all after cutting it. I just clipped it with a pair of dikes and then covered the exposed cable with liquid electrical tape (black).

D246661F-8320-494C-9A94-6C043F30D9ED.jpeg 01402CD3-8325-4418-AC03-149644F1D6DF.jpeg

OP
andy0lsen
Thread Starter #10
I have the 4", so I can't say what the 2" would do. I tried the 4" antenna with a far off AM radio station that's hard to receive, and compared with the stock antenna, there was no difference. I listen to the radio quite a bit.

I can tell you the 4" works fine, if you're worried about AM/FM reception.
I can't get anything anymore on FM like I did with the factory antenna. I switched it to the 2 inch so it wouldn't get pinched between the wing and the roof basket I have, because there is zero clearance.