Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh equivalent of the Cobb Stage 3 kit?

Trader history for OffAxis (0)

What is the Whoosh equivalent of the Cobb State 3 kit?

I have a bone stock FiST and love the idea of dropping a hybrid turbo on it and have been hearing good things about the Whoosh turbo. I was curious what would be the Whoosh equivalent of the Cobb Stage 3 package that would get my FiST ready for a big turbo.

I like the idea of supporting Ron because he is active on the forums and Facebook groups. From what I've read, lots of people speak highly of his company and its products, but being new to the FiST community, I hope my observations are accurate.

------->Whoosh Motorsports Web Store<-------

Here is the list of Whoosh parts that I think would make for a similar Stage 3 package:

Cobb Stage 3 Package components for reference:
  • Cobb Accessport V3 $550
  • Front Mount Intercooler kit $895
  • Hot Side Pipe (included in FMIC kit)
  • Cold Side Pipe (included in FMIC kit)
  • 2.5in Cat Back Exhaust $745
  • Catted Downpipe $495
  • Intake System $325
  • Rear Motor Mount$155
  • Exhaust Hangers $45
  • TOTAL: $2960 as a package ($3210 individual)
Whoosh Components to make Stage 3:
Other engine related mods required or desired
The major items that are a current toss-up are the intake and exhaust. What systems would you use? Anything I missed? Would you do it different if you started over?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
What is the Whoosh equivalent of the Cobb State 3 kit?

I have a bone stock FiST and love the idea of dropping a hybrid turbo on it and have been hearing good things about the Whoosh turbo. I was curious what would be the Whoosh equivalent of the Cobb Stage 3 package that would get my FiST ready for a big turbo.

I like the idea of supporting Ron because he is active on the forums and Facebook groups. From what I've read, lots of people speak highly of his company and its products, but being new to the FiST community, I hope my observations are accurate.

------->Whoosh Motorsports Web Store<-------

Here is the list of Whoosh parts that I think would make for a similar Stage 3 package:

Cobb Stage 3 Package components for reference:
  • Cobb Accessport V3 $550
  • Front Mount Intercooler kit $895
  • Hot Side Pipe (included in FMIC kit)
  • Cold Side Pipe (included in FMIC kit)
  • 2.5in Cat Back Exhaust $745
  • Catted Downpipe $495
  • Intake System $325
  • Rear Motor Mount$155
  • Exhaust Hangers $45
  • TOTAL: $2960 as a package ($3210 individual)
Whoosh Components to make Stage 3:
Other engine related mods required or desired
The major items that are a current toss-up are the intake and exhaust. What systems would you use? Anything I missed? Would you do it different if you started over?
We offer 5% off that parts list as well by using your forum discount code FIST5 (total above is $2469 with discount)
Additionally we have the COBB Accessport in stock here too. I'd suggest replacing the COBB intake with a cp-e, Mishimoto or one of the UK intakes we love so much such as ITG or RAMAIR. Pick the intake you like most (sound and look) since they all will result in about the same power.

I’d spend the 2500 a different way. I would keep it super simple with a panel filter, Intercooler, catted downpipe and a new Whoosh hybrid turbo. Everything else stock. You’ll see more power with the hybrid turbo compared to putting more and more bolt ons on the stock turbo.

That’s what I’m thinking at least.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was me..... Id roll a upgraded intercooler..high flow panel filter ...RMM...Cobb Accessport with a flash tune for a while and then upgrade the Turbo after I figured out the car itself. Maybe exhaust...its just for sound most of the time...no real gains from it..they are negligible . Of all the pipes it would be the Hotside pipe and intake pipe for the turbo inlet from the Airbox. Good luck! Don't get into the Whole stage 3 garbage....its just a marketing ploy.

felopr

If it was me..... Id roll a upgraded intercooler..high flow panel filter ...RMM...Cobb Accessport with a flash tune for a while and then upgrade the Turbo after I figured out the car itself. Maybe exhaust...its just for sound most of the time...no real gains from it..they are negligible . Of all the pipes it would be the Hotside pipe and intake pipe for the turbo inlet from the Airbox. Good luck! Don't get into the Whole stage 3 garbage....its just a marketing ploy.
for stock turbo, definitely this. Remove the exhaust resonator and you are set

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. The hot side pipe make total sense to eliminate the restriction and to smooth out flow. I think i will likely also replace the cold side pipe just to delete the symposer ( yes I know there are plugs for cheap but I prefer the clean removal solution).

Will the hybrid turbo work ok with the stock down pipe and exhaust? Whoosh site recommends a DP and exhaust.

One day I would like to see what WHP the car will make on 93 octane and stop there. I don't know were I would get E30 around my area, so its not worth the hassle.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks for the feedback. The hot side pipe make total sense to eliminate the restriction and to smooth out flow. I think i will likely also replace the cold side pipe just to delete the symposer ( yes I know there are plugs for cheap but I prefer the clean removal solution).

Will the hybrid turbo work ok with the stock down pipe and exhaust? Whoosh site recommends a DP and exhaust.

One day I would like to see what WHP the car will make on 93 octane and stop there. I don't know were I would get E30 around my area, so its not worth the hassle.
you can use the stock downpipe and exhaust
below is copied from our site

whoosh motorsports suggests the following modifications to maximize the power potential of our hybrid turbo. These modifications are the minimum requirements. Adding additional performance modifications will result in more power with proper tuning

- performance drop in filter or air intake kit

- performance intercooler upgrade

- catless 3" downpipe or hi-flow catted 3" downpipe

- COBB Accessport V3 with a custom calibration from TunePlus Inc, JST, Stratified, or Dizzy Tuning, based on your modifications and fuel used

I have a catless whoosh downpipe on the stock catback, whoosh intercooler and a panel filter. All jn less than $1k with a Stratified tune, and all the stage3 gains

With the stock turbo, catless or high flow downpipe is not necessary as it is not a restriction for the stock turbo application...you don’t “need” to change the downpipe to run the hybrid turbo. Per dizzytuning, there only very minimal gains to be had power wise with an aftermarket downpipe when used with a hybrid turbo.

OP
O
Thread Starter #11
With the stock turbo, catless or high flow downpipe is not necessary as it is not a restriction for the stock turbo application...you don’t “need” to change the downpipe to run the hybrid turbo. Per dizzytuning, there only very minimal gains to be had power wise with an aftermarket downpipe when used with a hybrid turbo.
Where can I read more about Dizzy results based on each component changed.