Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Motorsports Short Ram Intake Install

G'day Guys and Girls

Operation Stage 2 has begun and episode 1 features the Whoosh Motorsports Short Ram Intake.

Install was fairly straight forward with the only slightly tricky part being the nut that goes on the mounting bolt underneath one of the original airbox mounting holes.

The intake quality is very nice, looks good installed and sounds great.

View: https://youtu.be/C-gh3tWQ7SI

Business6

Does it pull fresh air from below? It sounds good.
I've got the ramair intake which is a larger version of this and it's got the most addictive intake sounds, lol. Unfortunately it pulls air straight from the radiator. 110-120° intake temps were not uncommon during the summer when moving at any speed and 135° was normal at any stoplight with the peak intake temp that I saw being just under 144°. Once the temps rose to that range the best they would get down to is 110-115° again.

If it's 20 degrees out you'll get to 100° intake temps at an in n out drive thru and when you get to moving again it may go down to the 70s at best.

For reference all these high temps can and will happen with the stock airbox but the stock snorkel has an immediate impact on intake temps once you start moving. It takes a little longer for the temps to rise but they drop to slightly lower temps at around 5-10°.

The 2J and Peron intakes are the only ones I would recommend that don't use an airbox with a snorkel feed. I've only seen data on the 2J, though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If someone could build an effective snorkel on the bottom plenum type enclosure for those intakes, they might just work without skyrocketing the intake temps.

But then they'd lose almost all of the sounds that everyone buys them for in the first place. [:(]
I am fortunate in that I cannot stand intake/turbo noises at all, so the cooler intake temps, enclosed ST200 box with a factory filter is just fine for me. [wink]

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the comments.

It sounds bloody awesome.

I am currently looking for a workable material for a novice like me to use to make a shield and also work a way to get fresh air in without exposing it to water when it rains. I have ideas. Need to make it happen. It is very tight down there though.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the comments.

I am currently looking for a workable material for a novice like me to use to make a shield and also work a way to get fresh air in without exposing it to water when it rains. I have ideas. Need to make it happen. It is very tight down there though.
How are the intake temps so far without a shield? I just ordered one of these intakes

Thanks for the comments.

Use this Msport heatshield off Colin Mcrae's Focus as inspiration, doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work. [wrenchin]
msport focus tinfoil.jpg