Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Motorsports SHORT RAM Intake Kit 2014-2019 Fiesta ST

Trader history for afordbl (0)

Just installed my the new Short RAM Intake from Whoosh’s website. My car is throwing a P2282 and P0507 code, I checked all connections and there are no leaks. Because of this it is holding idle at 1,500 RPM. Any advice?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are you sure that you installed the MAF sensor correctly and it is plugged in? Any corrosion on the contactors for the MAF plug? P2282 is for an Air Leak Between Throttle Body and Intake Valves which doesn't really make sense because you likely didn't change anything downstream of the throttle body. P0507 is for the high idle. I would clear the codes if you haven't already and see if it continues to idle high.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
The sensor is plugged in the has 11,000 miles so there is zero corrosion. I cleared the codes so they’re obviously gone momentarily but idle is still 1,500 RPM.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The sensor is plugged in the has 11,000 miles so there is zero corrosion. I cleared the codes so they’re obviously gone momentarily but idle is still 1,500 RPM.
Can you post up a photo of the install/your engine bay? Did you reconnect all the evap lines that might have been disconnected during install?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You have a major vacuum leak somewhere. Is it possible you damaged any hoses any type of connections?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm going to say the issue is the hose connected to the yellow tube. What did you do to the factory evap hoses?

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Yes, I kind of rushed it and forgot a clamp. I’m going to install it tomorrow morning. I didn’t think that would really throw it off. I guess we’ll see tomorrow morning!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Factory EVAP hoses don’t work with this intake. So I made a custom hose.
You're going to find out that doesn't work.
Those evap hoses are designed a particular way for a reason you can't just cut them up and expect it to work.
Many companies have tried to make an adapter for this and most of them fail. I think only one has been successful with it. Most people either don't replace that tube for that reason, or they install the line set for a 2014 to 2015 year.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
A
Thread Starter #13

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
please feel free to call me anytime if you have issues 6103342158
from the pics, your car is a 2016-2019 which means you have a dual line evap system vs the single line from the 2014-2015 Fiesta ST's
you'll need one of 2 things to correct the issue , the Ford evap harness or the whoosh evap fix kit. I strongly suggest using the Ford kit as it's an OEM and 100% cure for your issue (both are found in the intake section of our site)
In the meantime while you decide which route you'll go I would simply swap back the OEM induction hose and connect all of you evap lines back they way they were. The whoosh crossover and short ram intake will connect to the OEM hose