Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Radiator

Has anyone installed one of these? I see the Mountune can be installed without taking the crash bar off. The Mishimoto requires removal of the crash bar. Does the Whoosh? I have searched but have not found anything pertaining to installing the Whoosh. I ordered one after my 1st overheat yesterday. Looking for any info on the installation or performance of it.

Von

I just installed a mountune yesterday. 3 hour job without taking off the front. Just had to take off my cold air intake. The removal video referenced was a great walkthrough; I paused and watched as I tore through and reinstalled. Side note, it is super tight pulling the fan shroud up and reinstalling. You really need to focus on the passenger side when putting it over new rad so you don't damage fins or lose the little crappy vent things. I lost one, but I was missing one already anyways, either from time or factory install. Waiting for another hot day going up 4000 ft to see if I need to install new thermostat or if the radiator alone suffices.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I just installed a mountune yesterday. 3 hour job without taking off the front. Just had to take off my cold air intake. The removal video referenced was a great walkthrough; I paused and watched as I tore through and reinstalled. Side note, it is super tight pulling the fan shroud up and reinstalling. You really need to focus on the passenger side when putting it over new rad so you don't damage fins or lose the little crappy vent things. I lost one, but I was missing one already anyways, either from time or factory install. Waiting for another hot day going up 4000 ft to see if I need to install new thermostat or if the radiator alone suffices.

Thanks for the heads up. 👍 I am just waiting on my thermostat to swap mine.

Von

Thanks for the heads up. [emoji106] I am just waiting on my thermostat to swap mine.
Also, get your hands on one of those coolant system vacuum tester/refillers. Makes it so easy to fill and you don't have to worry about air bubbles. Let me know when you get your 180° thermostat. I ordered but am still waiting on it. I have the 160 in my garage but that may be too extreme

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I showed my Wife the picture and she agreed very poor packaging. My brother worked at UPS as a loader for a few years over 400 packages per hour. If a package can't survive being thrown off your house the packaging is not good enough. You can't just shove shit in a box that is unacceptable.

If you look at the picture from the one someone ordered from eBay it has caps over the upper and lower radiator hose location.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Once, I dreamt I worked at a major competitor to UPS (it rhymes with "FedEx"), and our supervisor would yell at us to move packages faster all the time in his former Army sergeant voice, and then watch us throw laptop boxes to each other from the top of a pallet load.

Until we missed one, and it burst open, and then the individuals would be written up for violating the "carried by hand from one solid surface to another" policy.

And then he would continue watching us throw boxes.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Once, I dreamt I worked at a major competitor to UPS (it rhymes with "FedEx"), and our supervisor would yell at us to move packages faster all the time in his former Army sergeant voice, and then watch us throw laptop boxes to each other from the top of a pallet load.

Until we missed one, and it burst open, and then the individuals would be written up for violating the "carried by hand from one solid surface to another" policy.

And then he would continue watching us throw boxes.
you call that a dream? Thats not far from how they handle packages at both companies when they are not on the conveyor belts. Oh and the conveyors belts are a whole other wonder as well as they drop packages 3-4ft at time in some sections.

SrsBsns

What do those little vent flap things do anyways?

Von

What do those little vent flap things do anyways?
I think to keep engine heat away when you're not moving. If they do affect heat while driving, the mountune radiator must be really good. On the drive that can throw me into limp mode I haven't gone above 221 coolant temp

I attempted to install a V1 version of the whoosh radiator, due to the massive size compared to stock and even other aftermarket radiators i recommend the crash bar route. Its not as difficult as it seems, just lots of steps. An air or cordless ratchet would be your friend here. I got baby stepped by the Mishimoto install instructional video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGks9I-OsiA

you call that a dream? Thats not far from how they handle packages at both companies when they are not on the conveyor belts. Oh and the conveyors belts are a whole other wonder as well as they drop packages 3-4ft at time in some sections.
I've heard dreams aren't covered by NDAs.

Some jobs try to crush our humanity.