Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh street spec RMM review

DoomsdayMelody

Alright guys, so the bushings in my Mountune RMM cracked after about 9k miles. I decided to give another RMM a shot, with 2 main goals in mind: I wanted something more aggressive than what mountune offered and I didn’t want anything crazy insane that would vibrate the cheap plastics in the dash apart. After a bit of research I decided to invest in a Whoosh Street Spec RMM.

Install was a breeze, a quick inspection side by side with my mountune proved that they were of nearly identical quality, with the edge going to whoosh because who wants to deal with 3 washers and a separate spacer (PITA to line up on install, and I’ve had the mountune out and back in at least half a dozen times in the last 5 months due to creaking). Everything snapped together, tolerances felt tight, and Ron provided torque specs via email (btw, that man has to have set a record for email response time it was uncanny) and I took her for a quick spin since it’s late.

Start up:
Additional vibrations, compared to the Mountune piece, were immediately noticable but they were hardly what anyone would consider harsh. Primarily felt through the steering wheel, these calmed down quite a bit when the engine idled down to 850rpm (or whatever the stock idle speed is). 900-1000rpm appears to be the point at which the vibes hit their worst, and again this isn’t even anything that made my change in the cup holder make any noise. Turning the AC on or off made no significant change to the vibrations in my opinion and frankly I was impressed before I even drove it.

Driving:
This will be brief for now, since I took it on a quick 10 minute drive. All I can really say is wow. Gear changes are buttery smooth. The car moves with a confidence that I don’t know was there even before the mountune cracked. Rev matched downshifts were significantly easier to hit and I wasn’t getting punished nearly as bad for not hitting the exact rpm.

Conclusion:
The Whoosh is better. Better than stock, better than Mountune. I have no idea what the warranty looks like on the Whoosh, but honestly Ron has responded to three separate emails within 15 minutes. Meanwhile mountune has required numerous follow up emails to tackle an issue that I provided photographic evidence of over three days ago, and I still don’t have any shipping information. The mountune RMM, when working, was essentially an OEM plus part. It was marginally stiffer than what Ford bolted up to the car, and in my opinion Ron has the RMM setup as it should have come from the factory. Absolutely will not hesitate to give Whoosh a shot when it comes time to do the next upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice review. Pretty much echoes my review. I have had it in for almost 4k miles and have zero complaints.

As for Whoosh I have gotten super speedy response and top notch service as well. I could not be happier with the Whoosh inlet elbow and crossover pipe I installed Friday. Great company and products so far for me. Hard to justify the extra costs of their competitors.

Last edited:
OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #4
I could not be happier with the Whoosh inlet elbow and crossover pipe I installed Friday. Great company and products so far for me. Hard to justify the extra costs of their competitors.
Looking at those very parts myself, but also want to do the V1 intercooler from whoosh. In school now, though, so it’ll be a while before I have a couple hundred saved up.

Looking at those very parts myself, but also want to do the V1 intercooler from whoosh. In school now, though, so it’ll be a while before I have a couple hundred saved up.

I am chipping away at some of the smaller piping stuff and such just to have a little project every so often. Spending ~$100 here and there for a few hours in the garage is totally worth it. I will be ready for the bigger stuff when the time comes. I think I have become a pretty gung ho grunt in the Whoosharmy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Some photos of the mounts side by side

I think the Problem if what your picture is showing is that the Mountune mount is multiple pieces Vs. Whoosh as one complete unit without being able to come apart without force. That's where the squeak lies ....IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Spork1569

I think the Problem if what your picture is showing is that the Mountune mount is multiple pieces Vs. Whoosh as one complete unit without being able to come apart without force. That's where the squeak lies ....IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I have the mountune mount and I think the metal plates making contact with the Mounting points on the car also contribute to squeak quite a bit. After greasing those along with any other contact points squak died down tremendously.

Last edited:
OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #8
I have the mountune mount and I think the metal plates making contact with the Mounting points on the car also contribute to squeak quite a bit. After greasing those along with any other contact points squak died down tremendously.
Initially greased all exterior contact points including the washer and the contact points on the spacer, was still creaking. So I dismounted the bushings in the frame and applied a small amount of grease to the part of the bushings that sit inside the frame of the RMM and was still occasionally getting creaking. I assume at this point that my bushings were defective, since the tears are more oval than round and my fronts are cracked.