Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Street VS Race Spec RMM

Meckbot

U.S. Army Veteran
Mods, apologies if this is in the wrong spot or if my search fu is weak.

Looking at a decent sized order from Whoosh to upgrade my somewhat stock new to me 2016. The RMM wasnt done and its painfully obvious when its making *tonk* noises under fairly normal city driving. Plus the vague 1st to 2nd is annoying as all hell.

Interested in experiances people have with the street vs race spec Whoosh mounts and how they fair under long term use. My home climate can go from -5 to 115 throughout the year and am concerned about NVH when the temp dips below 40 F.

Any input from actual users would be appreciated.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Want more stiffness and vibration? Go with the Race spec Want middle of the road with some vibration and decent stiffness go Street spec. Or just get the Vibratechnics RMM. Great middle of the road of Race and Street*

pixelzombie

The yellow version breaks in nicely, but you can certainly feel it when it's cold, but then again, most things suck in the winter.

OP
M

Meckbot

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Cant disagree with most things sucking in winter... its why its bulking season...

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I love the street spec. I haven't tried the race. The street vibrates a bit when it's cold, and I'm talking when I run it weekly in the winter. All spring and summer pretty much no nhv.

Ill be curious as to your feedback. Mines sitting on my counter.

Have great things to say about the Whoosh SS and bushings!
Install happened today as planned!

So far I've driven maybe 10-15 miles. My initial impressions:
  • I've driven a few cars now with an upgraded RMM. On first start up, I expected a big "THUD" once the engine turned over and that didn't happen.
  • On a scale of 0-5, vibrations at cold idle are about .5 :ROFLMAO:
  • This thing really doesn't rattle the interior much at all. It's hard to even notice I changed anything. My fiance can't even tell.
  • What did change is the connection to the car. Pulling out in 1st gear feels like I have more "feeling" when I get on the throttle.
  • Engaging a new gear also feels better in terms of the engine not feeling like it's bouncing around.
Overall I'm thrilled. It feels like a great in between mount compared to stock vs "race" style RMM. This one falls right in the middle. For the price, it's a fantastic upgrade!

Anyone can let me know if you have any specific questions!

Attachments

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

• I've driven a few cars now with an upgraded RMM. On first start up, I expected a big "THUD" once the engine turned over and that didn't happen.
  • This thing really doesn't rattle the interior much at all. It's hard to even notice I changed anything. My fiance can't even tell.
  • What did change is the connection to the car. Pulling out in 1st gear feels like I have more "feeling" when I get on the throttle.
  • Engaging a new gear also feels better in terms of the engine not feeling like it's bouncing around.
Overall I'm thrilled. It feels like a great in between mount compared to stock vs "race" style RMM. This one falls right in the middle. For the price, it's a fantastic upgrade!

Is this different from their yellow bushings? I bought and installed mine 2 years ago dont remember orange bushings just black and yellow.

OP
M

Meckbot

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #12

I bought the same color! Well awesome. I got hurt at work so I have no excuse not to put it up and do the install. I'll use the torque specs I found for the cobb RMM.

I should have bought one of these cars YEARS ago. Literally what I've been looking for and this is coming from an 2009 Evo 8 5 speed w/center diff.

I bought the same color! Well awesome. I got hurt at work so I have no excuse not to put it up and do the install. I'll use the torque specs I found for the cobb RMM.

I should have bought one of these cars YEARS ago. Literally what I've been looking for and this is coming from an 2009 Evo 8 5 speed w/center diff.
I hope your injury gets better soon!

I really think you'll like this mount. My only hope in the back of my mind is that this doesn't break in and get "too" soft to the point its benefits kind of dissipate. Time will tell, but I'm certainly happy right now.

I guess side note too, I haven't really given the car a good 2-3 or 3-4 shift to see how that feels, but I'll report back on that when I do. I'm currently barely driving the car as I'm trying to get some PPF installed one day very soon!

OP
M

Meckbot

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #14
Finally got under the car, and it already has a Cobb Rmm. Now Im torn between replacing for the arguably stiffer whoosh or just return it/sell it and put the funds towards a whoosh V3 intercooler, AP, wheels/tires, then work on dialing in the suspension/bracing.

It fets cold enough in the winter in my area that the poly bushing on the Whoosh might get brittle or shake a bunch in winter.

Last edited: