Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who's TALL!!! Anyone out there too big for the FiST???

I'm new to the FiST community but I have drove a few, also drove an FoST ST3, I am 6'2" and I feel pretty big in the driver seat, its much less room than my Honda Fit even. I mostly want to make sure I can wear a helmet during track days, maybe Ill just bring one on the test drive, lol.

Anyone else a big dude that owns a FiST? Would the seats make a difference in head room?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm 6"4 and honestly I feel like the fist fits me like a glove. I also have tracked the car several times and there was definitely enough room for me to comfortably wear my helmet. I never once have had issues hitting my helmet inside the car when on track.

I hope this helps.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
Awesome that's great news!!!

Do all you tall dudes have the recaros?

you have to look at your torso size i fit fine with a helmet in the fist 5'10" but i know people shorter than me can't fit in the car with a helmet on they have to lean the seat back and have the seat all the way down

I'm 6'4" 190lbs. The Recaros fit like a glove.

I haven't tracked the car yet, but I imagine fitting in with a helmet wouldn't be a problem, especially without the sunroof.

jayrod1980

What makes a difference is whether or not you get a sunroof. Sunroof will compromise your ability to use a helmet. I'm 6'3, 220lbs and have no problem with the fit of the seats... especially after a month or so. They are totally broken in for me. I just wish they were easier to get in and out of without pushing too much on the bolsters. I would like to preserve the material and cushion. If they had an option for full cloth recaros like they do in other countries, I would totally have forgone the crack/tear prone leather.

My boss is 6'8" and in shape. When I brought my car to work the day after I bought it he was looking at it and jumped right in. I didn't expect him to get in because the Fiesta is small and 6'8" people are not small. But he had no issues jumping in or getting back out. Recaros with no moonroof. While the Fiesta may not be the most comfortable vehicle for tall people, that right there showed me that you really can't be too tall to fit in one. But I have a friend and uncle that are both about 6' or so and both of them have trouble getting into my car. Both of them are rather stocky compared to my boss. So maybe height doesn't matter as much as weight or build.

I'm 6' 172#'s and have the Recaro's and sunroof. Street driving is perfect. Great fit. On the other hand, it is a bit tight with a helmet on the track. Keep in mind, I sit more upright and close enough to the wheel. When my back/shoulders are pressed on the seat, I can extend my arms out where my wrists are at the top of the wheel (the wheel is set to its lowest and 1" tele). I can depress the clutch completely. If I slide the seat back one click, then I would have to use my toe's a bit when depressing the clutch completely.

Basically, My helmet touches at the track. It's not a deal breaker, but I would have liked to put a bit more time into finding a FiST without a sunroof.