Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will this be crazy expensive to repair

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
You will need to replace that skirt though it looks like. It could be cracked. It's only abs plastic.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Pulling dents probably 2 hrs labor, I'd estimate that to be between 400-600 dollars, each panels gonna cost 150 dollars at maaco and if the frames bent that's gonna be very expensive and I don't have a quote on that. The skirt is gonna be kind of expensive I think I saw them going from ford unpainted but primed for 250. Go get the frame checked and go from there. Do you notice nay issues with the car tracking one way or the other? You could also have someone drive behind you and tell you if it looks like the cars driving crooked. That'd give you a good estimate on what the condition of the frames in. If the frames really bad set aside 2k.

OP
E
Thread Starter #10
I
Pulling dents probably 2 hrs labor, I'd estimate that to be between 400-600 dollars, each panels gonna cost 150 dollars at maaco and if the frames bent that's gonna be very expensive and I don't have a quote on that. The skirt is gonna be kind of expensive I think I saw them going from ford unpainted but primed for 250. Go get the frame checked and go from there. Do you notice nay issues with the car tracking one way or the other? You could also have someone drive behind you and tell you if it looks like the cars driving crooked. That'd give you a good estimate on what the condition of the frames in. If the frames really bad set aside 2k.

looked at it it’s just the doors I hit the pole going
Do you not have insurance?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I'd say it's not gonna be too expensive. Just find a really well reviewed shop man. There's too must shotty craftsmanship these days. Do not let them cake Bondo in those dents. Fuck Bondo, if you ever get into a wreck again it'd just explode everywhere. Also it flakes off if done poorly. I'd shop separately for paint and body and get prices for both so you have some bargaining power when you go to finalize a quote. If you go to a paint shop they'll charge you less and you can use this quote when going to the body shop and tell them you'd rather just have one shop do it and see if they'll give you a better price on paint.

OP
E
Thread Starter #15
I have full co
Just use your insurance then and avoid the hassle of doing any of the things I mentioned. I assume you have a 500 dollar deductible? Which is fairly average. Paying that'll be cheaper than the repair.

thanks. Appreciate it

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Definitely use insurance. I have had some bad luck nothing that's been my fault, so unfortunately I do have a little bit of experience with body shops. I would think that would be at bare minimum $1,500. Could easily be more than that stuff adds up very fast. Use a good body shop very important.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hell if you go through insurance, they may give you new doors so you never have to worry about it again lol. All depends on what the shop thinks they can do.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
A good body shop will not repair those doors, they will replace the skins as there is too much labor in pulling the dents and prep.
The side skirt is over $400.00.
The paint work alone will be about $1500.00.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
A good body shop will not repair those doors, they will replace the skins as there is too much labor in pulling the dents and prep.
The side skirt is over $400.00.
The paint work alone will be about $1500.00.
I actually forgot you just get the skins when you buy doors.