Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wilwood Big Brake Kit wheel fitment

I have the Wilwood front Big Brake Kit, it barely didn't fit under my Sparco Assetto Gara wheels 16x7 et 42. The caliper literally hits the wheel weights. Looking for another set of 16" wheels for the track and interested to know what fitment options I have. My number 1 choice is the VMS Superhawk 16x7.5 et 35 wheels from Whoosh, or maybe Konig Dekagram 16x8 et 40. Anybody have experience with this combination and know if it will fit?

Lays

What size BBK and wheels?
15" whoosh BBK, 16x8 Dekagrams.

If I had the 16" whoosh kit, I think it would fit without a spacer, since the radius on the back of the spokes actually gets larger the closer to the lip. (More clearance for the face of the caliper further out from the center of the wheel)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
15" whoosh BBK, 16x8 Dekagrams.

If I had the 16" whoosh kit, I think it would fit without a spacer, since the radius on the back of the spokes actually gets larger the closer to the lip. (More clearance for the face of the caliper further out from the center of the wheel)
So you are saying that the 15 inch kit does not fit the 16x8 Deka’s without a spacer because of spoke design. In all instances the 15 kit should fit no problem. It would be the 17 kit that would not fit. I have a 300mm which I believe is considered the 16 kit and it needs a 3-5mm spacer to fit my 16x8 Dekagrams.

Lays

So you are saying that the 15 inch kit does not fit the 16x8 Deka’s without a spacer because of spoke design. In all instances the 15 kit should fit no problem. It would be the 17 kit that would not fit. I have a 300mm which I believe is considered the 16 kit and it needs a 3-5mm spacer to fit my 16x8 Dekagrams.

My 17" Hypergrams needed a 5mm spacer to clear my brakes as well. The radius on the back of the spokes gets further away from the center of the wheel more out towards the lip, if you look at the spoke designs in photos. The closer to the outside lip of the wheel, the more clearance they have due to the concave on the back of the spokes.

I also needed 3-5mm for 15x8 +35 team dynamics 1.2's for what that's worth, and a 20mm spacer to clear vms 15x8 +20 drag racing wheels.

I think RPF-1's 16x8 and Dekagrams will fit over the 16" kit that you have with no spacer due to the way the spokes are, but you may need a 3-5mm.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My 17" Hypergrams needed a 5mm spacer to clear my brakes as well. The radius on the back of the spokes gets further away from the center of the wheel more out towards the lip, if you look at the spoke designs in photos. The closer to the outside lip of the wheel, the more clearance they have due to the concave on the back of the spokes.

I also needed 3-5mm for 15x8 +35 team dynamics 1.2's for what that's worth, and a 20mm spacer to clear vms 15x8 +20 drag racing wheels.

I think RPF-1's 16x8 and Dekagrams will fit over the 16" kit that you have with no spacer due to the way the spokes are, but you may need a 3-5mm.
The Deka’s need the 3-5mm spacer we test fitted them last winter on my buddys car. I am now in possesion of his Whoosh kit because he went EBC big brakes. It worked out for me. :love:

Magnetic

The Deka’s need the 3-5mm spacer we test fitted them last winter on my buddys car. I am now in possesion of his Whoosh kit because he went EBC big brakes. It worked out for me. :love:
Do you know what wheels and spacer he went with for the EBC BBK?

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #12
Ended up saying Send It and ordered the VMS Superhawk wheels. Still haven't determined if the BBK fits on my daily set up yet either after changing the location of the wheel weights. If it turns out it doesn't fit, then a Wilwood front BBK will be up for sale shortly [emoji2957]

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Lays

Ended up saying Send It and ordered the VMS Superhawk wheels. Still haven't determined if the BBK fits on my daily set up yet either after changing the location of the wheel weights. If it turns out it doesn't fit, then a Wilwood front BBK will be up for sale shortly [emoji2957]

If they're anything like the VMS race stars, they won't fit. The back of the spoke is too flat and the mounting surface isn't tall enough to clear the face of the caliper

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #14
If they're anything like the VMS race stars, they won't fit. The back of the spoke is too flat and the mounting surface isn't tall enough to clear the face of the caliper
In that case I could just run a spacer. I'm more concerned about it hitting the barrel/wheel weights like it did on the Sparco wheels.