Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Windshield moulding replacement

My windshield moulding are rotting out and I wanted to replace them (part number AE8Z5403136A AE8Z5403137B). Can those be popped off and popped back on with the windshield in place? I am not sure if I will need to take off the windshield to replace them.

My windshield moulding are rotting out and I wanted to replace them (part number AE8Z5403136A AE8Z5403137B). Can those be popped off and popped back on with the windshield in place? I am not sure if I will need to take off the windshield to replace them.
A photo would be helpful. Which pieces are you talking about specifically?

Are you talking about the rubber moldings on the left and right side of the windshield? If so, yes those are easy to replace and I've done it myself on my 2014.

Yes, that's exactly it. Do you have a link to replacement parts or a tutorial?
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...h-ae8z5403136a?c=az0xJnE9QkU4Wi01NDAzMTM2LUE=

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...h-ae8z5403137b?c=az0xJnE9QkU4Wi01NDAzMTM3LUE=

I last bought these in 2018. Prices have double since then. No tutorial. Once you get the new part, you can figure out how the old moulding pops in molding the moulding retainer.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-molding-windshield-passenger-side-rh-ae8z5403136a?c=az0xJnE9QkU4Wi01NDAzMTM2LUE=

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-windshield-molding-driver-s-side-lh-ae8z5403137b?c=az0xJnE9QkU4Wi01NDAzMTM3LUE=

I last bought these in 2018. Prices have double since then. No tutorial. Once you get the new part, you can figure out how the old moulding pops in molding the moulding retainer.
Seems pretty straight forward. Yikes on the price though :LOL: Appreciate your help!

I'm planning these and the mouldings around the windows once our house is finished and the FiST gets indoor parking. Doesn't take long for them to look rough if it lives outside.

I should just order the parts now so they don't keep increasing in price.

Appreciate the links shared.

I'm planning these and the mouldings around the windows once our house is finished and the FiST gets indoor parking. Doesn't take long for them to look rough if it lives outside.

I should just order the parts now so they don't keep increasing in price.

Appreciate the links shared.
You might try a very light sand paper and a black restorer polish on the old ones before paying $100 for new ones. It might make them look like new again.

You might try a very light sand paper and a black restorer polish on the old ones before paying $100 for new ones. It might make them look like new again.
Thank you. I've worked through some restoration products, but nothing I love. Once I get them off I'll retain all the old pieces for ongoing techniques and product sampling. Maybe I can learn the formula of bringing black trim back to life...

Does anyone know if this part number would fit? Supposedly fits fiesta se and st (right moulding) BE8Z5403178A

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thank you. I've worked through some restoration products, but nothing I love. Once I get them off I'll retain all the old pieces for ongoing techniques and product sampling. Maybe I can learn the formula of bringing black trim back to life...
Check out a product called "Cerakote". Its a trim restorer. Used it on my sunbleached beater focus and it does an incredible job. No relation to cerakote TM type finishes.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Mine got loose and then broken by a carwash. I eventually replaced it with a new one and payed liked $65 for the trim piece...only to get loose again and fly off on the freeway one morning like a month later.

Been happily driving without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Check out a product called "Cerakote". Its a trim restorer. Used it on my sunbleached beater focus and it does an incredible job. No relation to cerakote TM type finishes.
The reps for that company itself (when I asked them online) do NOT recommend using it for EPDM/rubber parts at all. [dunno]

But many seem to swear by it for hard textured plastic (but NOT smooth plastic, for some reason?), like our fog lamp surrounds/inserts, and rear bumper valance trim, etc. [wink]

I think that I will just replace these moldings/surrounds, and SOAK them in Aerospace 303 before installation.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
The reps for that company itself (when I asked them online) do NOT recommend using it for EPDM/rubber parts at all. [dunno]

But many seem to swear by it for hard textured plastic (but NOT smooth plastic, for some reason?), like our fog lamp surrounds/inserts, and rear bumper valance trim, etc. [wink]

I think that I will just replace these moldings/surrounds, and SOAK them in Aerospace 303 before installation.
I used it on every plastic and rubber piece I could see (because my Focus is a beater). It does adhere better to textured surface. Any smooth surface left smear lines somewhat but even from a distance was an improvement. I think it would would adhere very nicely to the windshield moulding on the FiST.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
One note for instal: the top most tab on the molding has a hook. Install that part first then pop in the rest. If you start on the bottom you will snap off the hook and then the whole thing will come out in a car wash. When I had my windshield replaced they broke both sides.