Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wing alternatives

Hey all, so I have some wing risers but have caused excessive rattling and stuff and don't wanna keep having to tighten them everyday if I wanted to. I was looking at the rs style wings but those require the nonst wing. I was wondering if anyone knew some, either wing risers that don't cause rattling or other "aggressive" wing alternatives that look good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #3
Yea, I did, but I guess the plastic or whatever the risers were made of kind of eroded away, for a lack of better words, so now it's pretty much like they're stripped but still able to hold on and not fall out completely, but won't tighten.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #5
I was looking at that but it's a little expensive and not sure how I feel about the whole two wing option, something just seems out of place about it. Wish I could just have that alone and then like a separate piece that would replace the wing, like a cover or something.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #7
If I do have to resort to buying a standard at wing then I'd probably just go for the rs wing, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #9
Thank you, yea this is my top option, just want to see what else is out there before pulling the trigger.

I really like that over what is out there. It would distribute the weight more evenly from what it shows instead of the aluminum risers unless I am seeing it wrong? I wonder if that have a dealer in the states? I think the riser on the Fiesta looks great IMO and this painted to color match would be a nice custom touch.

I really like that over what is out there. It would distribute the weight more evenly from what it shows instead of the aluminum risers unless I am seeing it wrong? I wonder if that have a dealer in the states? I think the riser on the Fiesta looks great IMO and this painted to color match would be a nice custom touch.
I think Ron used to supply Delta Styling, but I don't think he does anymore. I know two people here in the states with that wing riser, they both got it straight from DS in the UK.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #12
Yea the DS style riser would be 200 total shipped to here.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have Boomba wing risers that have worked fine with me. I also added foam pads to each side to prevent scratching of the paint. The product itself is great, but the transaction with the company was completely awful

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #14
So I found out why my wing was rattling. I originally had some whoosh risers which were great initially, but when the rattling started I thought maybe not tonight enough or too tight and wore down the risers. Well surprise when I bought new wing risers, I figured taking the $40 bet on the v2 wing risers for whoosh was better than the 200+ on the delta, well turns out I was right to do that. Apparently the risers wore through the left side and almost right side of the wing, that's what was rattling, there was nothing left on the wing to secure it. So now looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new wing, and since I plan on different wings regardless looks like I'll buy the non st wing so I can do the rs style.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is the exact reason why I NEVER did wing risers. The death rattle that ensues over the course of its life. Keep us informed about the wing search and what you end up doing! Good luck!

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #16
I thought about the possibility of vibration but didn't expect it to be like this in like under 1 and a half years, sad times.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm sad for you too...But at the same time it gives you the opportunity to get a fancy wing! [ridinghorse]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is the exact reason why I NEVER did wing risers. The death rattle that ensues over the course of its life. Keep us informed about the wing search and what you end up doing! Good luck!
^^^This, and really not liking the gap they open up, aesthetically, and also that I am not as much an aerodynamicist (NOT one at all actually LOL) as the ones Ford hires, for a street driven, not open tracked, car. [wink]

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #19
I'm sad for you too...But at the same time it gives you the opportunity to get a fancy wing! [ridinghorse]
Haha I suppose so, and I never plan on tracking my car per se, especially since I plan on rhino lining it and trying to chop it up and look like a Baja car haha

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Oof. Im going back to stock location soon. I used VT risers. So its all plastic. Lets hope my wing isnt fragged.