Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WOT Power loss

Hi Everyone!!

Quick question, occasionally when driving the car foot to the floor it feels like the car looses power for a second then it come back (sometimes not as strong as before). Almost like the boost suddenly drops. I cant confirm if this is the problem as my boost gauge is currently out of action.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this and if you have what solved it?

I'm Currently running Peron stage 2 Pro, itg full induction kit, r-sport hot side boost pipe, VUDU stage 2 intercooler, 3"decat, 2.75" Miltek cat back and a GFB DV+. The cars booked in for a new Turbosmart Actuator on Friday also!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you lube the GFB valve with oil upon install? may need to take it back out and give it another spritz of the oil meng!

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
ESC off? Boost leak?
ESC in sport it still seems to do it, I haven't tried fully off I'll five that a go later.

Also I've checked all my clips and they're all tight so as far as I'm aware there is no leak.

Thanks!

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Did you lube the GFB valve with oil upon install? may need to take it back out and give it another spritz of the oil meng!
I did lube it up yes, I used engine oil however I've head 50% of people saying that's the stuff to use and the other 50% of people say to avoid it like the plague.

I'll probably try and get it off for a re oil after work or something. Cheers

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I used a high quality grease on my gfb. Been alot of miles without issue. I may take it out and grease again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
I used a high quality grease on my gfb. Been alot of miles without issue. I may take it out and grease again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I may have to give that a go instead then.

I noticed when I serviced it last (after using oil) there were some slight scoring marks.

ESC in sport it still seems to do it, I haven't tried fully off I'll five that a go later.

Also I've checked all my clips and they're all tight so as far as I'm aware there is no leak.

Thanks!
Turn ESC off completely so your car doesn’t have a chance to go into limp mode. It could also be that your wastegate is opening and dumping boost

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
Turn ESC off completely so your car doesn’t have a chance to go into limp mode. It could also be that your wastegate is opening and dumping boost
I'm Hoping after the GFB service tonight and double checking my boost pipes along with the wastegate and datalog tomorrow everything will be running better than ever!

OP
J
Thread Starter #15
Just to keep everyone updated, I am still yet to re service the GFB however since getting my new actuator installed the problem seems to have gone away!

And on top of that the car is pulling harder and all the way to the limiter rather than dropping off at 4500 revs like it was doing before!