Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench Light Keeps Coming On

I have a 2014 Fiesta ST with just under 60,000 miles on it and about a week ago the orange wrench light illuminated on the dashboard. I tried reading codes with an obd2 and there aren’t any codes. I saw on a couple threads here that it was just a routine maintenance reminder and to change the oil and reset it. I changed the oil, did the reset where you turn the car on without running it, hold the brake and the gas until the wrench light flashes and turns off and then the check engine light stops flashing. Then turn it off and turn it back on and the light is gone. I’ve done that 4 times now and the light turns off but turns on again a few minutes later. Any ideas what it could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a 2014 Fiesta ST with just under 60,000 miles on it and about a week ago the orange wrench light illuminated on the dashboard. I tried reading codes with an obd2 and there aren’t any codes. I saw on a couple threads here that it was just a routine maintenance reminder and to change the oil and reset it. I changed the oil, did the reset where you turn the car on without running it, hold the brake and the gas until the wrench light flashes and turns off and then the check engine light stops flashing. Then turn it off and turn it back on and the light is gone. I’ve done that 4 times now and the light turns off but turns on again a few minutes later. Any ideas what it could be?

Do you have an AP3? If so...uninstall the AP3 and then do the reset procedure. It's what have done to get rid of the infernal Wrench light!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I haven’t installed an ap3 yet. I actually ordered it and then this light came on so I’m waiting to install it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I haven’t installed an ap3 yet. I actually ordered it and then this light came on so I’m waiting to install it.

It takes me multiple times to reset the light after I uninstall my AP3....its a pain and it can take a handful of times to reset it finally I've found. Just keep plugging away!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Alright thanks! Hopefully it stays off eventually!

What is an AP3? My wrench light just came on yesterday at just north of 34k miles. The car sounds great like it always has. Oil doesn't need to be change for another 5k.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cobb Access Port tuner.

Sooo many on here have them that it is just assumed that EVERYONE does, as 'standard issue' when one buys one of these cars. [wink]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What is an AP3? My wrench light just came on yesterday at just north of 34k miles. The car sounds great like it always has. Oil doesn't need to be change for another 5k.
Its another phrase for a Cobb Accessport 3 or AP3*

Don't have one....probably why I don't know what it is. Don't want to change any of the tuning until the warranty expires....another 2 years, or 16k miles.

I'm still clueless about the wrench though....routine service warning? I'll try the brake/gas thing tomorrow sometime.

the duke

Likely it;s the oil change light AND I CANNOT GET IT TO SHUT OFF. I can't even find where to adjust it in FORSCAN. Does anyone know how to edit the PCM to remove it?

Likely it;s the oil change light AND I CANNOT GET IT TO SHUT OFF. I can't even find where to adjust it in FORSCAN. Does anyone know how to edit the PCM to remove it?

I thought that mine was too. Wouldn't shut off after an oil change. Not even doing the reset. Turns out my coolant level was a little low. Added about a 1/2 liter of coolant and it turned off on the next start up.

On my 2014 ST, my wrench light came on, and the 2016+ break/accelerator reset didn't turn it off. However, after determining that my coolant level was below the minimum level, I added coolant to the fill level and the light turned off.

I just had to run through the reset procedure at 41190 (???). On my 2016:
1. Hit ignition button
2. Depress gas & brake pedal for 30 seconds. (The wrench light almost immediately went out, but if you do not hold for 30 seconds it will just come back; I tested this).

Also I have an AP on the car; no need to uninstall before successfully resetting the light.

Last edited: