Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS WTT: 4Runner for Fiesta ST

Trader history for Roody (0)

Roody

Hey everyone, I'm new around here but not new to the FiST. Hoping to go from my 4Runner to a Fiesta ST and from reading For Sale ads know there's a bunch of owners that have had to get into a bigger or 4WD vehicle. Figured it can't hurt to post up and see if anybody who might be heading towards or in the process of selling their FiST would be interested in a direct trade/swap for my truck.

Info on the 4Runner:

2005 Toyota 4Runner V6 4.0L 4x4 Limited --- Expedition ready
4.0L V6 w/5-speed automatic
4WD: 2WD / 4WD HI / 4WD LO / A-TRAC
White paint
Leather interior w/power adjustable and heated front seats; rear cargo shelf - no 3rd row
Sunroof
JBL stereo w/RDS

Purchased at ~140,000 miles
Current mileage: 153,xxx miles

Modifications...
Suspension:
--Old Man Emu 3” lift kit (Nitrocharger Sport shocks and coil springs directly from OME)
--SPC upper control arms (new upper ball joints installed in 2017)
--Sway bars removed (I have a stock set from a V8 4th gen ready to go on the truck)
Wheels/tires:
--16” Toyota steelies (from an FJ, I believe) painted white
--255/85/16 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2s
--Matching 5th wheel/tire spare
Armor:
--Custom high-clearance front bumper w/CB antenna mount, amber DRLs, round long-range LEDs, and built-in LED fog lights (bumper repainted 12/2018)
--Rock sliders (repainted 10/2018)
--Front skid plate
Mechanical:
--Hi-Lux snorkel
--High-clearance tucked exhaust w/Dynomax muffler
--K&N intake filter (installed 6/2018)
--NGK Iridium plugs & ACDelco boots (installed 6/2018)
--Deep-cycle marine battery
Exterior:
--Custom roof rack w/perimeter LED lights (not pictured as I removed it temporarily)
--Smittybilt awning
--Projector headlight upgrade (from a later-model 4th gen 4Runner)
--Bumper-mounted round LED lights (activated by switch on center console)
--LED reverse lights
Interior:
--Trunk LED lighting
--Cargo management drawer system / sleeping platform
--CB mounted in center console w/mic mounted for easy access
--Rubber floor mats

Happy to answer any questions about the 4Runner. I'm located in CT but willing to travel. If anyone is interested don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Asking price if selling outright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have it listed on the 4Runner forum at $12,999. Seeing a number of Fiesta STs in the 75-100k mile range going for around that price.
Yeah I was looking the other day at Fiesta ST prices and I saw some in the $10-12K range with that mileage. If you can sell your 4runner for asking, and can throw in $1-2K, you can get them with < 30K miles. Might be the better option.

Your 4runner is pretty sweet and very clean. Someday I will own one..

I moved from a JK wrangler to my Fiesta and have zero regrets. The fiesta likes to get dirt just as much, only it goes faster (obviously no rock crawling though).

OP
R

Roody

Thread Starter #6
Yeah I was looking the other day at Fiesta ST prices and I saw some in the $10-12K range with that mileage. If you can sell your 4runner for asking, and can throw in $1-2K, you can get them with < 30K miles. Might be the better option.

Your 4runner is pretty sweet and very clean. Someday I will own one..

I moved from a JK wrangler to my Fiesta and have zero regrets. The fiesta likes to get dirt just as much, only it goes faster (obviously no rock crawling though).
Swinging the extra $1-2k on top might be tough at the moment but maybe down the road if the truck sells and I stash away some extra spending it would be possible.

The JKs are good trucks, very very capable in the right hands. The 4Runner to me was 90% of a JK but better on road. I've been an off-road guy my whole life and this 4Runner was supposed to be that route but unfortunately going wheeling means a 4-hour drive each way to the trails so at this point in my life it's just not feasible as a hobby. Autocross with a FiST would suit me much better as something to do on weekends.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Swinging the extra $1-2k on top might be tough at the moment but maybe down the road if the truck sells and I stash away some extra spending it would be possible.

The JKs are good trucks, very very capable in the right hands. The 4Runner to me was 90% of a JK but better on road. I've been an off-road guy my whole life and this 4Runner was supposed to be that route but unfortunately going wheeling means a 4-hour drive each way to the trails so at this point in my life it's just not feasible as a hobby. Autocross with a FiST would suit me much better as something to do on weekends.
Yeah the JK's road manners both stock and on 33's was pretty terrible above 60MPH. The FiST feels like a supercar in comparison. I have 56K miles on my FiST in two years with no issues. Many others have over 100K with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with 70K+ miles on it.