Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

(Yet Another) Future FiST owner

Hey all!

I am totally digging the new FiST. Styling, size, technology and who doesn't love a good turbo??

Question for all of you owners though. A salesman will tell me anything I want to hear, but an owner will tell me what there IS to hear. Have any of you had any problems with your cars? Build quality and such? I read on another forum about the windshield whistling, and or around the A and B pillars having noise. Now if it's around the B pillar, should be any easy fix of setting the door up proper, but the A pillar is a bit different.

I've always appreicated Japanese quality in cars, and Italian design and flair for my motorcycles. I'm a bit leary about prior Ford quality (family members/friends and such), but I'm hoping with the ST line the quality will be a bit better. :)

Any help would be appreciated!!

I drove Honda's most of my life, so I was used to the reliability and good build quality. I too was skeptical of Fords build quality too, I worked in automotive for many years including a Ford dealer for many years. With that said, I have been very impressed with the build quality of my ST, no it's not going to win any dash stroker awards but it's on par for the cost. I honestly could not be happier with what I spent and what I got. Only option I have are the wheel's. The only issue I am having with it is a check engine lite for what the dealer told me is a purge valve.

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
I'm assuming the dealer is going to cover the purge valve under warranty correct LS?
Good to know I'm not the only one who is a concerned new Ford owner. :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome to the forum. I really haven't had any issues other than the minor noise complaints.

No issues with mine,I'm just a hair over 3k miles. Love the car. No rattles (knocks on wood),get complements all the time and when I take people for a test drive they can't believe how quick it is. Some reviews complain about the lil 6.5" screen. I love it and think It fits to the cars size perfectly. IMO I also feel we get the best tech car-sub $30k cars. I have heard many complaints regarding MFT/SYNC and I gotta say it's been the best tech car I've had to date. It does everything. I am a completely satisfied owner [twothumb]

-ry

Hey all!

I am totally digging the new FiST. Styling, size, technology and who doesn't love a good turbo??

Question for all of you owners though. A salesman will tell me anything I want to hear, but an owner will tell me what there IS to hear. Have any of you had any problems with your cars? Build quality and such? I read on another forum about the windshield whistling, and or around the A and B pillars having noise. Now if it's around the B pillar, should be any easy fix of setting the door up proper, but the A pillar is a bit different.

I've always appreicated Japanese quality in cars, and Italian design and flair for my motorcycles. I'm a bit leary about prior Ford quality (family members/friends and such), but I'm hoping with the ST line the quality will be a bit better. :)

Any help would be appreciated!!
I've had Japanese cars my entire life as well and was a little nervous about going to Ford but I must say that this car will put all your worrys to bed. The engineering involved in making this car has made it a pleasure to drive and own. You won't be disappointed only impressed if you buy a Fist

No real quality issues here either. I now have about 5,800 miles on mine. Still tight and exhilarating. The standard halogen low beam headlights are not good in the U.S. version. This was more of a build to a cost than a quality or reliability issue for me.

OP
O
Thread Starter #11
That is great to hear... thank you guys, I really appreciate it!!

Another note. I do know that it is supposed to run on regular (obviously you'll only get peak performance when using premium fuel), but is that what you guys do? Or do you just put in the extra money and use premium all the time? Mostly I do a lot of commuting, so if there was a way to save in fuel cost that would be optimal. Yes yes, I know it's a turboed car and where I care about the fuel savings in that right?? Lol

Oh and @MKVIIST - what are the noise complaints and is Ford doing anything about fixing them?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Once you get used to the extra uumph of Premium you wont mind spending the extra dollar or so per fill up for the xtra Smile Per Gallon.. its just that fun ...

OP
O
Thread Starter #13
I have no problem spending the extra money for smiles. I'm just worried that, should I use regular, will it cause damage over time may be harmful to the engine?

I have no problem spending the extra money for smiles. I'm just worried that, should I use regular, will it cause damage over time may be harmful to the engine?
Ford states in the owners manual that you can burn regular. They are never going to tell you this will have some long term negative effect. I have to agree with Rodmoe, for $2.00 more per fill you will experience better performance which may translate into better mileage for you on your commute. Ford does state that horsepower and torque figures are based on using premium fuel.
Did you go test drive one yet? I like the guys over at Damerow Ford...I can recommend a sales guy if you are interested.

OP
O
Thread Starter #15
I took one out at Landmark... but man the test was rubbish. If i'm dropping $23k I'm going to want to take it out for a proper drive. Corners, straights, rough roads and the lot. (as opposed to on the freeway, off the freeway and park it)

Granted I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet (finances and such), but I REALLY do like it, and for the money it seems the best in the segment I'm looking for. :) I have to say it's been awhile since I've had a smile on my face the entire bit, and didn't want to bring it back. Last time that happened was in the MR2. So for 'fun' factor, she's definitely a winner!!

I can appreciate Ford's figures on premium. But yeah, the potential for blowing up my engine is a concern for "sure you can run regular, but we won't guarantee it".