Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone have electric cutouts?

Based

Does anyone here have experience with electric cutouts? I am interested in getting one on my car but I want to know if anyone has done it on their fiesta yet. Like what brand did you go with and where did you mount the switch, etc.?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
Yeah I found that thread after I made this one. I messaged one of the guys on there to be a little specific about his setup but he hasn't responded. My main concern is if I can make a 2.25" cutout to fit onto the stock exhaust.

Yeah I found that thread after I made this one. I messaged one of the guys on there to be a little specific about his setup but he hasn't responded. My main concern is if I can make a 2.25" cutout to fit onto the stock exhaust.
Sorry, I work overnights #nightshiftmasterrace. I went with Badlanz as in the post SpaceMan_Spiff posted. The factory exhaust is 55m (2.167in) so I wouldn't believe the 0.09 inch trying fill in the 2.25 opening would be too difficult. As worst, some aluminum sheet metal cut as a spacer around the factory pipe so it fills in any gaps in the 2.25 opening. The wiring isn't too difficult, pulling interior panels are a bitch!

For orientation purposes, the dump part is on the driver side

After the connector is plug into the cutout, I ran the wire underneath the black fibrous underbody panels and found a rubber grommet allow side the rocker panel area.

Poked the wires through and ran them through a hole in the footwell area. Run them underneath the carpet closet to the seat so the bump isn't noticeable (if you have an interior, unlike me lol

You'll have to take apart the center gearshift area and splice in the power of the cig lighter. It is only hot when the car is only. I ran the ground wire, as pointed out

This is where I mounted my switch, as I put nothing in that cubby hole anyway.