Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What should I expect?

I just purchased DHM Race Intercooler, Turbosmart Internal Wastegate Actuator with the 17PSI spring, and topped it off with the DHM Protune. I am already running Cobb's Stage 1 package, with the OTS map on 93 fuel. I am wondering what kind of gains I should expect with this purchase. I plan to go big turbo once I save up some coin. I just want to know what HP & TQ gains I should expect. And what the wastegate Actuator brings to the table.

Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

OP
SafetyGuy
Thread Starter #3
Maybe 10-15 hp but a butt load of torque

Nice. Hopefully the torque is spread out throughout the power band a little more. Traction is an issue already. Which is obviously well documented, even at Stage 1. As far as the WGA is concerned, will the 17PSI spring net a benefit, with the Protune? Or is that something that really will only help once I go with the big turbo? I know it will help with surging. I have read on these forums, that it is highly suggested to get when upgrading the Fist. Just trying to get an idea on how the car will be, WITH it, vs. without, but still with the race intercooler, and protune.

Thanks for the response Frankiefiesta.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I don't have experience with the upgraded wastegate. It may help hold the boost longer, not really sure. On the stock turbo you're basically capped to 215-220 whp. If you plan on going hybrid turbo I would hold on to that wastegate. It def benefits for hybrid turbos

What supporting barebone mods are require for 215-220 whp? I was searching for a while but there is so much clutter...