Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Central Illinois New Owner

Kazz

Hey!

Just purchased a 2016 Molten Orange on Saturday. Parked it in the garage immediately and ordered snow tires and wheels as we had six inches of the white stuff Sunday. I have Husky floor mats on the way as well.

The wife and I have four cars, now five. But I have to get rid of one of my loves ASAP now that I have the FiST. My (2nd) 2000 Celica GT-S with NA mods and 226,000 miles has now got to go. It's the best pure driving enjoyment car I've ever had. I'm not sure the FiST can truly live up to it. But the FiST's only 200 lbs heavier and has more power. Sitting up higher is a bit disconcerting, but that should change.

I'm thinking I will autocross the FiST some, probably stock. I have a well-modified '03 Evo VIII for the heavier lifting but events that are a ways away are a pain and I've recently stopped attending those. So, the FiST should get that duty.

Driving is one of my loves and I've logged well over a million miles in my life with different jobs - all my own cars. I really wanted something updated, small, very fun to drive, that I can fit the folded-up lawn mower in. Believe it or not, my Celica had that duty as it wouldn't fit in the wife's Acura TSX. :D

I'm interested in paint protection, improving the Sony audio, and finding little ways to make driving the FiST feel more direct - I really feel too removed from the car and I'm very used to having that with the two modified cars. Doing that without much in the way of mods should be a real trick.

Enough for now. Looking to get educated and, perhaps, contribute here and there!

Thanks!

OP
Kazz

Kazz

Thread Starter #5
Friendly place! Thanks! I might mention I've just got the 400A option package, no Recaros. But aftermarket seat heaters will be installed soon.

OP
Kazz
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for saying "hello!" I'm afraid I don't know all of the color names. I saw a blue one the other day in Peoria around University and Glen.

I see you're from New Holland? I used to support the computer systems at the bank there. Always a nice drive there and back!

OP
Kazz
Thread Starter #13
You should come to the autocrosses in Rantoul this spring/summer!

OP
Kazz
Thread Starter #15
Champaign County Sports Car Club (CCSCC) has a website. And the main forum that supports it is CICENET.net (Central Illinois Car Enthusiast NETwork). A lot of autocrossers there that hit more than one local group, too. Pretty quiet place but the folks are VERY helpful and nice!