Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST3

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Projectors would've been nice in the states...
OH WAIT
I HAVE PROJECTORS
BWAHAHAHAHHA

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
New-ish to Fiesta ST's. Can someone 'splain to me the difference between the ST1, 2, and 3?

Thx.
In the 5 door version here in the US market it means nothing as we have all options at any time Canada and Mexico I am not sure if they get options or just one car as is. In the EU market they get the 1,2,3, models from base to fully loaded minus the MFT ( my ford touch) unless that has changed for 2015. Maybe someone from the EU market can chime in. Not sure if the Aussies get the 1,2,3 or not .. Gotta love global cars ..

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Don't forget the 3-door is being discontinued in Europe due to the NCAP crash test scores and switching to 5-door only... Also, the shape of the car doesn't change at all, and the wheelbase doesn't appear to change either... so... who gives a f- about 3-doors? It's not any less cool because the rear seat is usable. The 3-door does not do well in side impacts, which is why they are dropping the 3dr in favor of 5-door hatch only.

All these people bitch for 3-door when not even Europe will have it soon. LOL.

it's much the same reason why those of us who got recaro seats are stuck with really uncomfortable headrests. They don't adjust by design so that the seats pass the damn crash tests. The dummies sit weird in the seat, which forces the stupid angle forward on the headrest. Protip: Fiesta Titanium Headrests adjust and are a direct swap.

Crash regulations force a lot of these things.

If you guys will take a moment to notice, there is a reason the current generation of Fiesta rally cars are 5-doors. Ken Block had both in the garage at Hoonigan HQ side by side. They're only marginally different.

Who cares if it has two more doors? As if the people whining on social media for 3-door would buy one if it was available.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I found a 1/2 inch tubing bender set to 5 degrees worked wonders on those mustang like headrests.
Good info on the 3dr though I would have had a 5 door anyway, given a choice as I don't notice the rear doors when I drive but I notice them when I need to access the rear seating area be it for seating or removal on track days :)
Thanks Blue