Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which exhaust has the most snap, crackle and pop?

Hiya,

Just picked up my FiST last Saturday. Loving it so far. Previously having a Fiat 500 Abarth, the thing I miss most is the exhaust noise. I have yet to see an exhaust clip for the FiST that generates the snap, crackle and pop I love hearing on overrun. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Pete

Or you can do a muffler delete as well. I get plenty of pops and crackles and it doesn't cost as much as the off the shelf exhausts.

OP
T
Thread Starter #13
Yeaaahhhh... ideally I'd like little to no drone.. Sounds like what I'm looking for is currently unachievable.

TheStig

You want the noises outside your gonna have them noises inside. Thats generally the name of the game.

OP
T
Thread Starter #15
You want the noises outside your gonna have them noises inside. Thats generally the name of the game.
Oh, I totally understand and accept that. I want to be able to hear the exhaust from inside the car, however, I don't want a constant resonant drone.

TheStig

Oh, I totally understand and accept that. I want to be able to hear the exhaust from inside the car, however, I don't want a constant resonant drone.
Unfortunately with most exhausts to get that "snap, crackle and pop" sound on over-run or lift off, you generally have to go sans mufflers/resonators. Resonators do just that, cut down on the drone in cabin. Its a bit of give and take, which does strike me as odd since a Fiat500 does not drone inside particularly, yet it makes sounds like unicorns having coitus.

My custom 3" exhaust crackles and pops on lift off all the time with the occasional flame out.

Basically a straight pipe to a decent sized race muffler.