Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Matt Farah reviews a heavily modded FoST

[video=youtube;RZ-U0Ss2b5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-U0Ss2b5Y[/video]

Matt at Smoking Tire takes a modded FoST up and down some mountain roads. He makes several comparisons to the FiST as well.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Interesting that Matt mentions @ ~ 2:04 that he already has a Focus RS on order!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The owner, Carl, is a little bit sketchy, no? I guess I would be too if someone else were driving my car.

rexdriver85

The owner, Carl, is a little bit sketchy, no? I guess I would be too if someone else were driving my car.
Haha, sketchy? More like twitchy. I'm sure the guys on the FoST forum are all jelly though. I think it's cool that Matt has the FoRS on order.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the owner seemed a bit...odd. Nice FoST, regardless!

Not a bad video review. What I really want to see now is a video of both the fiesta and focus compared together. And of course his RS videos once he gets one. Which by the way he is getting if you didn't already know!

Had to do that LOL =)

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
Simple bolt-ons is heavily modded?
And springs, sway bar, skidplate, brake kit. Not sure what else would be worth noting besides big turbo. Though installing the RMM and plugging in the AccessPort is the most modding I've ever done to a car, so I guess it's all relative.

And I think the guy was just nervous at being on camera. Not unusual.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Manic = fiesta ST perfect.
I think he summed it up pretty well. The focus being so stable and smooth is good and bad. It was bad for me. I loved the fiesta was going more or less the same speeds, but felt like I was trying to grab Ron Jeremy in the middle of filming with astroglide covered hands. Lol. One felt like speed and nice-ness. The other felt like speed and death. RIP

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Also... If you've ever ridden passenger with someone driving even a quick car on a real road course, you know it can be terrifying. So between that being an open road, and scary, and being on a national car show, I'd imagine being a bit twitchy isn't doing too bad. Lord knows, I was star stuck when Matt came on the forum, lmao ( if you remember it, I was kinda not cool to him because we disagreed )..

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Manic = fiesta ST perfect.
I think he summed it up pretty well. The focus being so stable and smooth is good and bad. It was bad for me. I loved the fiesta was going more or less the same speeds, but felt like I was trying to grab Ron Jeremy in the middle of filming with astroglide covered hands. Lol. One felt like speed and nice-ness. The other felt like speed and death. RIP
I haven't driven a FoST yet... But my Fiesta does NOT feel like a safe car. I love it.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Hijinx.... Did we just become best friends? Lol.
I actually had a crazy thought to upgrade my 100% stock suspension and I thought.... "What if it stops scaring the crap out of me?". Screw that !!! You haven't lives until you stand on the brakes at 125mph in this thing, lol.

I actually had a crazy thought to upgrade my 100% stock suspension and I thought.... "What if it stops scaring the crap out of me?". Screw that !!! You haven't lives until you stand on the brakes at 125mph in this thing, lol.
I need to try that.... Maybe... Someday.. Maybe not :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Did that really just happen?! Lol.

I'm actually considering DTHTRAP as a custom license plate. I'm not sure my family or gf would be able appreciate it although my gf loves my car.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Mildly tweaked Focus in my opinion;)

No bowel movement for the next 12 hours? I have nearly had to stop and hand out a Depends to passengers in the first 2 minutes in my car:)

The twitching resembles a neurological disorder an old friend has. I cannot recall the name of it but I vaguely remember it being similar to Tourette's.