Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Fiesta Charge Pipe Kit R&D, Results, and Information

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #61
Everything arrived today, I got the shipment notification the day after I posted my above comment. Can't wait to get it all installed!
I am so happy to hear that! Thanks for letting me know! If you guys ever have order issues, feel free to drop me a line and let me know so I can look into them!

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #62
We had not considered doing only the cold side piping, as, at the time, it was necessary to make both. At this time, I haven't developed a kit option for only one side or the other. It could be done, however, but I would need to crunch some numbers and then develop listings in line with those findings. Thanks for the feedback, guys!

jayrod1980

Quick question... have you guys had any complaints about the charge pipe kit for those with 2016 cars? After Ford pulled a fast one with the double vacuum and PCV thing with the intake, I'm worried about the charge pipe having similar surprises. I saw in the intake post that you were getting a 2016 in to test. Can you guys check the charge pipes to make sure they work with the 2016 as well? I'm hoping to install my MAP charge pipe kit this weekend. I would like to not have to discover halfway through that Ford changed that part too.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #65
We did give everything a quick looksee to see if there were any other issues that might pop up. We saw no reason to believe that other components would be affected and really, the intake was more of a cost cutting method of manufacture... essentially the new car takes out an integrated component for a more modular component but the systems work very similarly

jayrod1980

Charge pipes are beautiful but I'm unable to use them... My intercooler doesn't have any play. I was so excited to install this after my exhaust from you guys turned out so well. The problem for me is that because it's almost entirely hard piping, there's little room to maneuver the piping to fit onto the intercooler. As well, when I did have the pipes attached (Manage to get it on but couldn't keep the Intercooler bolted to the car with the pipes on) I had to cannibalize a hose clamp from the OEM one where the cone shaped hose goes onto the turbo. The spring type clip included is just too small in diameter to facilitate getting the rubber over the turbo coupling.

I'm so bummed! I'm hoping the 2016 intake part you guys have been talking about will be sent out soon so I can at least have your guys exhaust and intake successfully installed!

J2FoRS

Charge pipes are beautiful but I'm unable to use them... My intercooler doesn't have any play. I was so excited to install this after my exhaust from you guys turned out so well. The problem for me is that because it's almost entirely hard piping, there's little room to maneuver the piping to fit onto the intercooler. As well, when I did have the pipes attached (Manage to get it on but couldn't keep the Intercooler bolted to the car with the pipes on) I had to cannibalize a hose clamp from the OEM one where the cone shaped hose goes onto the turbo. The spring type clip included is just too small in diameter to facilitate getting the rubber over the turbo coupling.

I'm so bummed! I'm hoping the 2016 intake part you guys have been talking about will be sent out soon so I can at least have your guys exhaust and intake successfully installed!
Did you take pics of this? Which intercooler were you trying to install the charge pipes with?

jayrod1980

I have just a jack and stands so just getting my bulk under the car to work on this was a struggle. I spent about 4 hours under the car taking the pipes off and coupling the parts hoping to fit it. I have the dead hook motor sports massive intercooler and crash bar. I think if the kit had a little more flexible piping near the end caps it would still work. Does anyone have some install tips for tight end cap space? I want to say that if the kit had the same material as stock for the elbows and ends that it would fit.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #69
I have just a jack and stands so just getting my bulk under the car to work on this was a struggle. I spent about 4 hours under the car taking the pipes off and coupling the parts hoping to fit it. I have the dead hook motor sports massive intercooler and crash bar. I think if the kit had a little more flexible piping near the end caps it would still work. Does anyone have some install tips for tight end cap space? I want to say that if the kit had the same material as stock for the elbows and ends that it would fit.
Could you not get the hotside or coldside pipe to fit correctly with the intercooler? Also, I do have to ask if the DHM intercooler keeps the inlet and outlet in the same spots as the stock FMIC?
I can certainly bring up whichever pipe is not fitting that we should add a coupler into it instead.

Let me know!

jayrod1980

Could you not get the hotside or coldside pipe to fit correctly with the intercooler? Also, I do have to ask if the DHM intercooler keeps the inlet and outlet in the same spots as the stock FMIC?
I can certainly bring up whichever pipe is not fitting that we should add a coupler into it instead.

Let me know!
The DHM IC is advertised as fitting stock as far as the connectors go. I just think it's so big and rigid that you can't muscle the pipes on there. I would assume, barring me installing the pipes wrong, that the inlets on the DHM might be a little bit longer than stock, but everything was so tight, I didn't have much room to maneuver anyway. both hot and cold pipes are unable to mate up to the intercooler. Since I can't use lube, I may try again this weekend with soapy water to see if I can wiggle it around enough to fit. I was told soapy water would dry up and wouldn't be a persistent danger to the pipes coming apart versus silicone lube.

jayrod1980

Thanks for all the advise... I'll cease being a bugaboo about this. I love the equipment and find no fault in it. The tolerances are just tight with my aftermarket intercooler. When I get the nerve to try again I'll attempt to soap up the connections and fit the rubber parts as deep and close together as possible. Like I've said before, the issue is that the ends of both pipes butt up all the way to the inlets on my intercooler. If I had some space and a more flexible coupler I might be able to get it together. I'm certain in the 8 hours or more spent finagling the couplings that I was doing it right. What we need is someone else with the big DHM IC to mount these charge pipes.

If I remember correctly the hot side pipe does not have beads rolled into either side. Why not trim the intercooler side end? There should be plenty of room to finesse the pipes around to gain the room needed. I installed mine with Boombah spacers and was able to gain the room needed to get it all to fit.

pics are broken links @mapperformance. please fix I'd like to see these

I have a question: for those of us that opted for the BOV, I know the kit included a hose to connect the BOV to the MAP system, but the kit does not come with a plate/valve to integrate with the MAP sensor/vacuum like the Turbosmart Kompact Shortie kit sold by ModBargains does. I just ended up reusing that plate/valve and never really thought about it much, but how are we supposed to integrate the BOV that comes with your kit to the MAP sensor/vacuum?

Also were there ever official instructions released for installation of this kit?