Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Good news everybody! We're rich!

And also young! Being a FiST owner is the best isn't it?

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/10...nger-wealthier-than-other-fiesta-focus-owners

I'm just surprised to find I'm below average on the FiST owner income scale. [bawling] I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I see how much you all spend on mods and whatnot. I just assumed you were all mortgaging your houses and embezzling from your employers to fund your modding addictions, but I guess not! [hihi]

And also young! Being a FiST owner is the best isn't it?

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/10...nger-wealthier-than-other-fiesta-focus-owners

I'm just surprised to find I'm below average on the FiST owner income scale. [bawling] I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I see how much you all spend on mods and whatnot. I just assumed you were all mortgaging your houses and embezzling from your employers to fund your modding addictions, but I guess not! [hihi]
haha im with you, but if it makes you feel better i did see on another site that did a write up on the article the amounts are actually household income not single. Makes me feel better!

This just in: More expensive cars correlate to having more money.

The delta between a base Focus vs. ST or a base Fiesta vs. ST is pretty large. I would assume there would be a gap in wealth just based on logic.

...and I'm old for a FiST owner....

.... in some ways, I'm building the car I dreamed of when I was 18 (back in the '70's--told you I was old)...

I like to think the delta between Focus ST and Fiesta ST in this is because they're so close on price but the Fiesta is bought by the buyer with more refined taste ;) --like the Fiesta is a worse value on paper but in real life is a better hot hatch.

I like to think the delta between Focus ST and Fiesta ST in this is because they're so close on price but the Fiesta is bought by the buyer with more refined taste ;) --like the Fiesta is a worse value on paper but in real life is a better hot hatch.
Fully agree with you. FiST is the Focus's smaller, angrier brother with more heart. A true driving enthusiast's choice, I've never regretted buying my FiST over ANY other cars I was eyeing (FoST, GTI, WRX, EVO, GT86/BRZ/FRS whatever, etc)

Great gas mileage, great power, amazing driving feel, cheap as sh*t to get into, and it's got 4 functional doors?!?!?
What more could one ask for? I fit my 90lb GSD in the hatch with my 10lb Mini Poodle while my terrier rides in her carrier in the back seat AND I can still fit my wife and 2 car seats.

Sorry, rant over; FiST praises complete [perfect10]

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I am pretty close to the average, assuming the income is total household based. Since my wife stepped down from being a CEO, I am no longer close to RS territory. My dad is way off the RS mark with being 70 and semi-retired. He figured most RS owners were in their early 30's. Judging by the Fiesta ST Facebook groups, I was thinking the average age of a Fiesta ST owner was 16, or mentally 16.

my assumption is that the data is based on households. My assumption is based on the fact that when applying for loans, couples will typically both put their name down to use their combined income to meet the debt/income ratio.

I will be 34 in two months and I fit in the average group as an IT Engineer. My only other close friend that has an ST (FoST) makes closer to 200k as a Civil Engineer.

Even though I am in IT, my degree is in Finance and Tax Law (I bailed out of that field when I was 26), the thing I remember most from a professor was this: "There are two ways to get rich; 1- Make a shit load of money or 2- Dont spend all of your money"

My wife and I make over 230k combined and she drives a 40k car (15 Ford Edge Sport) and I have the FiST that I bought used (17k). We definitely work hard to stay on Option 2. Sometimes we fail or have to have the newest this or that. It's especially hard when our neighbors have Range Rovers, Telsas and Porsches (I want to give in sometimes and be like @acceljunky).

I bought a Fiesta ST last year I'm well below that dollar amount at 27 years old. The entire Fiesta line seems like really nice car for the money. The ST was my only real option at a sporty brand NEW car. 0% and 300$ payments just make sence to fun people wanting a fun easy car everyday. Great value I think.

I was only making $35k a year when I bought my fist originally. Last year I double my pay, and got engaged, so if you count house hold income me and my Fiance' make about $110 a year. but we both drive cheaper cars have a smaller townhouse until we get married. I rather spend money on a house than an expensive car. Me and my Fiance both agree, we rather have the nicer house bigger area and go on more vacations than buy fancy ass cars and have a not so nice house or go on so many vacations.

I loved my fist, cheap fast fun car. Now I drive a fusion sport. I will be buying another fist and just going straight to big turbo 350WHP area. I miss the turbo spool of the external waste gate. However, the sport is faster, I managed a 12.8 pass with just a tune on 93 OCT.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I bought a Fiesta ST last year I'm well below that dollar amount at 27 years old. The entire Fiesta line seems like really nice car for the money. The ST was my only real option at a sporty brand NEW car. 0% and 300$ payments just make sence to fun people wanting a fun easy car everyday. Great value I think.
+1!! [twothumb]

I'm ancient, and on a severely fixed budget, and those 0%, ZERO down, $295.00/month payments (for MANY years) are ALL I could afford, and even less than any of the 10%-15% loans I was offered for any of the used rides I was looking at (Balt SS turbo, high mile C6 Z06, lower mile C5 Z06, etc.).

I have NO regrets, and I LOVE this car!! [:)]

I got my st at 19! And here I am thinking it was just a cheap fun car to commute from home to work.