Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1/10 scale Fiesta ST Rally Car

I got into RC cars a few months ago and knew about the Traxxas Fiesta ST Rally 4x4, but I didn't make the connection to the real Fiesta ST until just this morning :ROFLMAO: I might have to pick one up now that I have a real FiST.

For anyone on the fence about the RC hobby, I HIGHLY recommend it. I started out with a Traxxas 1/18 scale crawler (TRX4-M Defender), and then bought an Arrma Granite Voltage for my 4 year old son (on sale for $100). Of course then I had to buy myself a 1/10 scale truck, so picked up an Arrma Vorteks 3S. And then wanted to get into racing, so bought a Traxxas Slash to participate in the Spec Slash racing series around here.

It can certainly be an expensive hobby, but a lot of it depends on how YOU drive and choose to mod your vehicles (much like real cars, I suppose).

Attachments

SPhilli911

I've had my eye on that for some time, but I already have too many expensive hobbies.
Well... nearly a year later I gave in and got the updated version of the 1/10 Traxxas Fiesta ST. My brother and I had only just recently bought some small scale 1/18 Traxxas off-roaders and got hooked so the Fiesta was obviously next.
1000016725.jpg

Bonus pic with my small 1/18 Bronco
20240326_163646.jpg

Well... nearly a year later I gave in and got the updated version of the 1/10 Traxxas Fiesta ST. My brother and I had only just recently bought some small scale 1/18 Traxxas off-roaders and got hooked so the Fiesta was obviously next.
View attachment 61322

View attachment 61323
Nice. I’ve thought about snagging one since I’ve gotten back into RC with my kids. How’s it drive?

View attachment 61322

View attachment 61323
Are those Super Turismo’s? Do you happen to know how they compare to the Ford Performance 15 spoke wheels? I’m wondering because I think the simple 15 spoke design fits perfectly with our cars and these are the two options I’ve landed on.

They are the Superturismo WRCs, which were only available in this country from Tire Rack and only in 17x7 (just like the, yes, 15 spoke Ford Racing/Focus EVP wheels), and now only available in the GT variant in matte grey color.

The Ford wheels and these all have very close to our OEM offset.

The O.Zeds like on SPhilli911's ride are all 16 spoke wheels, but yes, the Superturismo LM models are 15 spoke, with a more 'pokey', ET40 (or ET42 in the 17x7 version) offset than those above, and a more countersunk lug pocket center area than the WRCs/GTs, but the same as the Ford Racing versions.

The actual 18x8 tarmac wheels used on the M-Sport Ford WRC Rally 1 and Rally 2 rides are all 15 spoke, and I believe are made of $$$$$ magnesium alloy.
(Yeah, because of this I wish that the KE Motorport Pro T12s I am looking at were 15 spoke instead of 12 spoke, but oh well.)

The weights are all close, depending upon the width chosen (where there is a choice), but all are at least slightly under our factory 5 spokes.
(WHY I am looking at the KE Motorsport Pros; they are 17 lbs. in a 17x8, and flow formed and then heat treated, so a bit stronger than all of the low pressure cast wheels, despite the lower weight.)

Last edited:
Nice. I’ve thought about snagging one since I’ve gotten back into RC with my kids. How’s it drive?
It's a lot of fun and also a lot faster than I expected it to be. I knew from watching reviews/videos online that they hit about 25-30mph but that didn't mean much to me until I took it out myself. The power is instantaneous and I admit that I nailed a rock wall right away because I didn't give myself enough space to learn how it accelerated and braked. I am new to RC and this would be the first time I've used a fast one, so my mistake.

I took it out to a local park onto a baseball field, figured an open, flat, dirt surface would be the best place to get a good feel for the car. It has no issues sliding around and with the AWD it's very easy to control slides once you get a hang of the steering. Had a blast with it, but I might be limited in my area where I can actually use it as intended.