Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Daily driver suggestions

Daily driver. I want to keep the stock ride height. That being said is there any worthwhile mods to improve what we already have? Best to leave it stock? Bracing?

Stage 3 mods. Soon to be x-37. Won't track it.

Zormecteon

I use mine as my only car.... Well I do have the Healey for a nice day driver, but essentially the FiST IS my transportation.. I put in the mountune springs and the car rides better than stock, corners flatter than stock and is easier to wash being about an inch lower. I've put in a trunk brace and most recently the front shock tower brace. With that little bit of bracing the car feels more solid, "of a piece" as they say. (I don't track the car. I intend to keep it for a very long time)

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Are there any good upgrades without touching the ride height?

Sway bars all the way. Bracing is good too, but sways are the best first suspension mod simple because it ties the chassis together laterally. Sort of a "boxed frame" feeling.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I daily drive my Fiesta ST and that includes winter when we can get a foot of snow in a night. I have the Mountune springs and stock dampers and find the car to be perfect. The change in ride height is very minor.

Bracing is a waste of money, with stock suspension and tires, you can't produce enough force on the chassis to deform anything. I also would not bother with sway bars. Adding a larger front bar increases understeer, and a larger rear bar just makes the Fiesta even more tail happy. Sway bars are designed to be the final tuning step after everything else is done.

I would suggest the Mountune springs or just leave the entire suspension as is.

sounds like your a modder.. nothing is good enough stock and must be changed!!
If your not tracking the car, whats wrong with the stock suspension? I feel like the car corners flat, is plenty stiff, and handles awesome in stock form. I personally have the go faster straight bug but am happy with the suspension.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I don't want to leave anything on the table, miss out on something that could be night and day. I don't have any complaints when it comes to the stock set up. Figured I could learn from other people's mistakes or successes.

Waterfan

I'm of the opinion that the only 'required suspension mod' for the FiST (when used as a daily driver) is lightweight wheels and better tires (though the OEM 050A's are excellent). Other than this, I just don't feel the need to improve the stock suspension (mine is a daily driver/canyon runner). (I went for 16x7 wheels and awesome value BFG SC2 after my OEM 050As wore out, ~4 lbs per corner saved.)

Consensus: a stiffer rear motor mount (RMM) helps improve weight transfer during shifts. (I must drive/shift like a granny and do not feel the need at all. Don't have this upgrade)

Everyone who has done chassis bracing reports significant improvements. I am currently debating 2 point front lower OR Meister R coilovers (that can be set very near to OEM ride height, I believe)

I personally wouldn't do stiffer anti-roll bars before chassis bracing or coilovers but to each his own. (Don't have this either)

Offtopic: I love my basic short shift adapter plate kit. Nice little enhancement to driving enjoyment.

I'm Running the Bilstein PSS (non-ST specific) coils and my car is set to the factory ride height more or less.
The rear can be raised higher than factory from what I can tell but doesn't seem necessary
The ride is SIGNIFICANTLY improved and you get less wheel hop when launching.
There's quite a bit of roll but you could play around with sway bars.
Front sway isn't exactly easy to do on our cars though.