Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I am curious of stock turbo Longevity

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a FiST and i absolutely love the car but i was curious how the Turbos hold up over time. My last car was a 2014 GTI that i had leased new and that turbo went out after like a year and a half. It had a revo stage 1 tune and CAI. I would just hate to do about the same to this awesome car and the turbo quit. I do plan on doing a Intercooler upgrade sometime in the next couple weeks or so as well. Also is heatsoak a big problem with this car after stage 1 or is it only a problem if you were to go stage 2 without IC? Just a FYI I'm new to posting a thread so give me some slack :p

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Stock turbos are very tuff.
Heat soak is a problem. The intercooler is the biggest thing they like for improved performance.
You really want to buy a DHM race cooler.
If your turbo does go, it's a cheap fix if you know who to ask :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Stock turbos are very tuff.
Heat soak is a problem. The intercooler is the biggest thing they like for improved performance.
You really want to buy a DHM race cooler.
If your turbo does go, it's a cheap fix if you know who to ask :D

Ok I had not heard of DHM intercoolers but a quick google search definitely has me intrigued. I appreciate it man! And yeah my old gti was very pricey when it came to repairs. VW was wanting 3k for a new turbo :/ And now that's why I have the fiesta xD

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'll sell you a stock turbo pretty much any day of the week for $250 tops. I pay $200 on the regular :)
Of course.... I sell upgraded ones too :) ( shameless plug)
Cyborg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the jury still out on whether or not the DHM Race IC is a little too much for the factory turbo setup, especially if someone NEVER plans to go the hybrid/BT kit route? Or is the consensus that there is no such thing as "too much" IC, even for the little stock turbo?? [dunno]

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I'll sell you a stock turbo pretty much any day of the week for $250 tops. I pay $200 on the regular :)
Of course.... I sell upgraded ones too :) ( shameless plug)
Cyborg

Man after hearing those prices I think I love you. LOL Dude no joke the way i drive my fiesta I may be buying a stock turbo from you soon [hihi]

Siestarider

SS is the man. Just saved me, had a second turbo failure, probably due to inadequate oiling but not certain yet, still diagnosing the problem. He is sending me another turbo at a very fair price. You will never be wrong dealing with him.

A7xogg

It's the same turbo that comes on the vw tdi's, so it should last a very long time with proper oil levels

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
You dont need DHM race IC if you are sticking with the stock turbo. I have the DHM street IC and it works just fine. Its a smaller than the race, you cant use their crash bar with it tho and its still bigger than most all other aftermarket IC's in the market. If you gonna go big turbo then go with race IC + crash bar.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk