Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Curious about the rad support...

hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone could help me from experience on what the intercooler mounts and bolts too from the bottom, my passenger side intercooler mount thread location broke out of its plastic piece and im trying too figure out what hold the bolt threads. Im pretty sure its my rad support, anyways i need to find out because the most of my rad support is damaged some way from a friend backing into my car and needs to be replaced. At first i didn't think there was much damage until i removed to front bumper months later to install a tubular crash bar from tb performance. In a nutshell my intercooler is hanging on by the tabs with rubber on them and the one drivers side intercooler mount bolt from underneath plus the hoses, obviously not ideal. Also I've been watching every install videos on radiators and was wondering if anyone thinks it is possible to replace the rad support without removing the crash bar again? is it as simple as taking the intercooler off, unclipping the radiator and condenser from the support and lifting it out? It doesn't seem the easy but if there is a master way to do this id like to do it that way. if anyone has any advise on how they would execute i would greatly appreciate it!

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Replacing the red is very doable without removing crash bar. It is as simple as removing rad from bracket. The problem comes with the tight clearances. To give more room for movement id remove the intake manifold and cold side charge pipe before attempting to remove the radiator. It'll make your life a lot easier. There are 2 clips/ rubber inserts from the top and 2 on the bottom that basically stop the radiator from fallening out of the bracket.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #3
im not replacing the radiator, just the plastic brakes that holds the radiator, condenser and intercooler. the radiator support. Im wondering if i unclip the ac and radiator if there is enough clearance to lift the rad support out of the crash beam/bar and slide the new one in

im not replacing the radiator, just the plastic brakes that holds the radiator, condenser and intercooler. the radiator support. Im wondering if i unclip the ac and radiator if there is enough clearance to lift the rad support out of the crash beam/bar and slide the new one in
Did you ever figure out how to replace the radiator support/housing?

Right there are those 2

But There are also the brackets that hold it in place directly below the housing, the 3 brackets, don't know what they're called but they're also where the 3 bolts that hold the bumper in place go at the bottom of the bumper. they kind of hold the bottom of the stock intercooler in place,

Reason I was asking is because when I installed my intercooler, I found out that someone had broken the radiator support, there's no structural damage to the car but radiator support is kind of pushed back further at the bottom than the top, so i presume whoever owned it before me probably tried to park a bit too far forward on a parking bump or something and ended up bumping the intercooler and support causing one of the mounts to crack and push it back.

so I wanted to know if it was the same support.as the regular fiesta because I need to replace the radiator support eventually, but wasnt sure if those 3 brackets were the same or mounted directly to the radiator support/housing and don't remember exactly myself but don't want to have to take the whole front off again, lol.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Right there are those 2

But There are also the brackets that hold it in place directly below the housing, the 3 brackets, don't know what they're called but they're also where the 3 bolts that hold the bumper in place go at the bottom of the bumper. they kind of hold the bottom of the stock intercooler in place,

Reason I was asking is because when I installed my intercooler, I found out that someone had broken the radiator support, there's no structural damage to the car but radiator support is kind of pushed back further at the bottom than the top, so i presume whoever owned it before me probably tried to park a bit too far forward on a parking bump or something and ended up bumping the intercooler and support causing one of the mounts to crack and push it back.

so I wanted to know if it was the same support.as the regular fiesta because I need to replace the radiator support eventually, but wasnt sure if those 3 brackets were the same or mounted directly to the radiator support/housing and don't remember exactly myself but don't want to have to take the whole front off again, lol.
If this happened it means your car was in a decent little accident. Like has been said the bumper and support are first points of impact on our cars along with possibly bumper and intercooler if hitting stuff low Regardless to push the core support back takes a decent impact.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #12
alright so i have made some purchases. i have a rad support coming in, a mountune triple pass rad, and the two intercooler mounts i broke and I'm going to replace them all when i do the rad upgrade. my rad support had the same cracks specifically where it bolts to the crash bar from the top under the headlights. wild how it doesn't really affect much, like everything is still held however I'm pretty sure a ton of rattling is going on. also i have the tb performance crash bar installed so that will make the install that much simpler because of how many bolts aren't being used to secure the bar to the rad support. also its way easier to see, it is crazy how much plastic needs to be replaced from a minor impact

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #13
im p
No . the lower air dam piece is specific to the fist front bumper. The standard one wont fit.
i bought a standard one, so might be returning that, however looking at tasca ford made me think otherwise, that it might work so ill let y'all know.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #14
that being said about the rad supports i decided to also buy a new one from tasca specific to my car 18 st and I'm also going to look at the used one I'm getting from ebay to compare if they are any different

Nope it's the ones that also hold the lower air dam thingamabob. you can see them being unscrewed at 6:25 in this mishimoto installation video.
https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-intercooler-kit-install-video.html

If this happened it means your car was in a decent little accident. Like has been said the bumper and support are first points of impact on our cars along with possibly bumper and intercooler if hitting stuff low Regardless to push the core support back takes a decent impact.
I guess it's possible it was in a minor crash, but literally nothing aside from the radiator support under the bottom left light is damaged and the brackets at the bottom of the intercooler where the air dam bolts in under the bumber.

im p
i bought a standard one, so might be returning that, however looking at tasca ford made me think otherwise, that it might work so ill let y'all know.
Heck yeah, tag me when you figure it out, please. pictures if you can. I just cannot seem to find clear answers on websites, none of them seem to have pictures, just diagrams that show the radiator support but not the brackets I'm talking about.

So, update: I'm an idiot. I watched the Cobb installation video and realized they don't hold the intercooler in place, maybe the middle one a little bit but the two side ones don't. Either way, still broken so I need to figure out that part number. So I can order the radiator support and those brackets together as they aPpear to be bolted on to the radiator support.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #19
Nope it's the ones that also hold the lower air dam thingamabob. you can see them being unscrewed at 6:25 in this mishimoto installation video.
https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-intercooler-kit-install-video.html

I guess it's possible it was in a minor crash, but literally nothing aside from the radiator support under the bottom left light is damaged and the brackets at the bottom of the intercooler where the air dam bolts in under the bumber.

Heck yeah, tag me when you figure it out, please. pictures if you can. I just cannot seem to find clear answers on websites, none of them seem to have pictures, just diagrams that show the radiator support but not the brackets I'm talking about.
for sure man! we should go driving too just realized that you're in the dirty t! i might have seen you and another dude with a fiesta on my way home from work posted up off of grant.

for sure man! we should go driving too just realized that you're in the dirty t! i might have seen you and another dude with a fiesta on my way home from work posted up off of grant.
Yeah! That was us, installing my CPE intercooler! You screamed something out your window and I screamed at you to turn around and come help, lol. I'm down! You free today? I'm down to meet and go for a drive.